Nerve pain in feet and legs after shingles/herpies outbreak

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have recurring shingles.  I've had it 35 years.    Small breakouts few times a year.    Recent breakout (on hip) is over but the nerve pain is not leaving my feet and legs.    I'm at my wits end.   Any help would be appreciated.    

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Jonixo,

I had shingles in Nov 2016 and now have PHN (nerve pain). I developed intermittent numbness in my feet when I got shingles that continues after eight months. The doctors told me that pain and numbness in the was because of the nerve damage to the nerves in my spinal cord. Like all side effect of shingles, everyone is different as to how their bodies react to the disease and to the after effects. There are alternative methods to help you that involve life style changes and managing stress or you could take prescription drugs that may cause side effects.

Good luck to you. We are all struggling on this forum to regain our lives and live with the challenges in reference to shingles. 

• Posted

I have had recurring 3 times in the last 2.75 years. It's so annoying, but it's just a small patch on the back of my left thigh. I do feel like I have the flu for a week before it happens, and had the weird stomach pains for 2 weeks prior this last time as well. I'm more of a do-it- naturally way that a get-to-the-Doctor type, I usually put baking soda paste on it and cover it with a bandaid. Dries it up so it cannot spread. Works great. The second time I had it was the only time it hurt too bad, the blisters came out when at work and I didn't know, they popped and stuck to my sweaty jeans. Was ouchy for over a week. 

• Posted

Hi,you could try L- Lysine 1000mg.I bought it off the internet after some other people who had shingles suggested it.My shingles is slowly disappearing now-i have more itchy areas than painful ones.(this is after 12 weeks of severe pain and lots of Pregabalin nerve blocker).Every time I take L-Lysine,I have less discomfort.

x beth

• Posted

Make sure you're taking vit B supplements too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.