Nerve pain in neck, broken tooth cause?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have lost part of a tooth in my upper jaw, it isn't too sinful as such, but the sharp edge is rubbing the inside of my cheek. over the last couple of days when I eat I get a sharp nerve pain stabbing in the back of my neck. do you think this could be caused by the tooth? it's really worrying me. thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have a cracked tooth which was not repaired properly and the dental work only lasted one month. I will need to get it fixed again soon. I have no pain even though It has a sharp edge. Mine is not rubbing against anything.

Since your cracked tooth is rubbing against your cheek, you may be having referred pain. You should not worry. Simply see your dentist who should be able to repair it. Once you get treatment, this should calm your worries. Your dentist is the best person to advise you.There may also be other dental related forums on this site to help you more than this one because this one is for neuropathic problems. Yours seems tooth related from what you are saying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.