Nerve pain in testicles

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had testicular pain in both sides for around 20-months – primarily on the left side. It was discovered that I had three inguinal hernias pressing inward, damaging the nerves going to the testicles. I had the hernias removed, but nine months later, I am still experiencing pain. I can go pain-free for a few days, then experience pain shooting into the testicle and pain in the inner thigh.

I had several nerve block shots that didn’t work. And also had pelvic floor therapy. I have tried everything from diets to shots to different sitting positions – nothing worked.

It was recommended to me to do the microscopic denervation of the spermatic cord. I had this procedure done on March 29, 2021 – ( I am writing this response on April 19, 2021). So far, the procedure has not worked. I have more pain in my testicle than ever before. Pain to the slightest touch – sitting down and standing up hurts – because my testicles are moving.

I had an ultra-sound done, and thankfully there is no sign of anything wrong with the testicle – however, I am still having incredible pain.

I could option to remove the testicle, but there is no guarantee that the pain will be gone. Plus, it would be removing a healthy organ and complications with testosterone. It doesn’t make sense; the denervation was to stop the pain signal – but it seems worst.

I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem – or has solutions on what to do. I am open to any suggestions.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

Surprised you havent had a reply to this post. I am not an expert but have suffered from scrotal pain for 7 years and spoken to dozens of fellow sufferers. I am yet to speak to anyone who has found relief from orchidectomy so I would strongly advise against it. In fact a few I've spoken to have actually become worse.

Are you in the UK or US?

Thanks

Paul

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.