Nerve pain on left hand side on bottom of head

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last 5 weeks I've had a nerve pain on bottom left hand side of head. It feels like a clump of hair has been pulled out of my scalp. I spoke to doctor on phone and he said this could go on for months. Just take painkillers. Doing my own research I've come across occipital neuralgia. It seems to fit all of my symptons. I would love to hear from anyone who has suffered from this. I just know I can't put up with this for months on end.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have been dealing with issue's that I believe too is occipital neuralgia. My neurologist is having me do x rays Tuesday.

I have been almost 2 years , bad head pressure , eye pressure , neck pain , lower scalp, dizziness, blurred vision etc... many many Drs many many test and I found this myself and brought to the attention of my now 3rd nuerologist!

I will let ya know what I find out. I feel for you and understand.

any other symptoms you have had?

• Posted

Thanks for reply. At the moment it feels like someone has pulled a chunk of hair out of my scalp. I've noticed my neck is very tight on the left hand side. When i called the doctor he said to put a cold compress on it take pain killers and amitriptyline. Sorry to say nothing works. I found neck exercises on line but not working for me. He said this could go on for months. !!! I will phone again on Monday to tell him there is.no way i can put up with this. Will let you know what he says. Sorry you are suffering. Let me know how you get on. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.