Nerve problems major bummer

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am not able to sleep. Luckily I am not working or driving but this has to be serious. I lay down and put my foot up for elevation. When I get close to some kind of sleep my foot jerks badly and it keeps me awake and super alert. Nothing I do can make me relax my muscles are tight that aggravates my ankle which is super stiff!! I feel so alone. I need some kind of relief...I been in this zombie mode since the cast came off. It feel like my ankle trying to wake up is that reason for the jerkiness? Has anyone felt this way and if so what did you do to get it under some control or pain relief!! I break out into cold and hot sweats and causing havoc on my body temperature. It also causing me to lose sleep and breaking out into rashes! I am at lost what to do! Any comment are appreciated!! 🙄😭😢

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try Magnesium citrate at night. Very effective. Cheers Richard

• Posted

I take it in tablet dorm, just one 300 mg though one is sometimes not enough. Cheers Richard

• Posted

hi

i had my ankle in a cast for 14 weeks

after surgery sub taylor fusion and bone graphs screws etc and had same problem

the meds i was on was co codeine but was more affective when taken with paracetomol

ice and elevation helped the pain so

i bought a cold compreesion band that you put in the freezer which helped relax

it will get better it just seems to take forever

good luck

• Posted

I feel your pain, It keeps me awake every night. Any time I make a slight movement while I try to sleep, tingles and makes me feel a unrealistic pain. Imagining that the plate in my ankle hits a desk and messes up and the screws connected to my Plate and leave me in agonizing pain.

• Posted

I don't remember how many weeks out you are, but I've seen your posts before. Yes, my ankle used to jerk too, weird sensation when trying to sleep. It stops completely with time. Not a little time, I just took pain meds and slept as much as I could if I didn't get enough sleep at night, I also iced all day long. Did your doctor tell you this process can be very long? My doc said 1 year, but here at the 6 month mark, there is lots of improvement. All about time.

• Posted

How long are you out of your cast? Does your foot turn colors still, especially when you place it down to the floor?

I have the same symptoms, fluctuating body temp, sweating, hives. I am often flushed in the face. MY foot and toe spasm and jerk and the pain is crazy. I unfortunately have been diagnosed with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. This happens when an i jury knocks your sympathetic nervous system out of wack. The symptoms are many. You may want to talk to your doctor about this. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Jenn

• Posted

i have all the same issues too that you are describing!

the doc gave me muscle relaxer medication for spasms, and i take hydroxyzine (ativan) for sleep (but not together)

my foot this week is just now getting relief from sudden rash that appeared. i used some fungal medication and calamine for it. i knew one or the other would help.

today, i admit, i'm exhausted.

and if i keep my foot down for more than 5 minutes - it swells up like an overripe red/purplish balloon.

PT is rough - I can barely move my toes, therefore there is still no walking on the menu.

i start work in November - i cant wait until i'm completely better - i've been told that is a long ways to go.

hang in there

MISSY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.