Nervous

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there. My doctor prescribed these for me last night as i was told the reason i had a bad back was due to my increase in weight. I'm 21 and weigh 12.12 but im only 5\"1 so i have a really high bmi. I tnd to eat healthily at work but have a tendancy to pig out when i am at home and i wondered if i could just take a tablet with my tea rather than 3 a day. I am really worried about this \"oil\" that everyone is talking about. I work in an office with over 50 people and the last thing i want is pure embarrasment. Please help!!!Thank you, Chloe :?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just to put things in a bit of perspective..

I am 5ft 2.. I am now 20 stone 9 pounds with a BMI in the low 50's SO you don't have a really high BMI

You can miss tablets if you think you are going to eat a high fat meal.. but I find if I have a high fat tea then its the following morning that the oil appears..But if you eat a low fat diet then you shouldn't get any oil..

I have been on them since October the 1st.. I have lost nearly a stone on them since then..and had 2 incidents..(both times at home)..

• Posted

I've been following a low fat diet since I started Orlistat in September, I haven't had any accidents, I think the fear of side effects keeps you on the low fat diet!

Give the MAP helpline a call [b:758c4a89c0]0800 731 7138[/b:758c4a89c0]

They are run by Roche, who make Orlistat, you need to have the box of tablets on hand when you call, they need the batch number so they can register you, and they send you some really useful information.

Good Luck!

Gill

xxx

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I really want to lose weight and the pills sound good it is the oil i'm worried about. I am off work a couple of days this week so i will try it then and see how i go. Does it affect you if you drink do you know as its my birthday this weekend and i don't want to be poorley. Thank you for all your help. Chloe
  • Posted

Hi Chloe,

Shouldn't be a problem having a drink, but they are empty calories and you shouldn't overdo it.

Also I have to just say that you say you eat healthily during the day and tend to \"pig out \" in the evening, well I just wanted to say that really that is ruining your day by doing this and you should maybe look at why you do this and try and come up with a way to stop this happening. sorry if it sounds harsh but there really is no point in taking the tablets if you are going to continue doing this as you will just experience lots of \"Orange Oil\" and take it from me is not nice :twisted:

Hope you decide to take them - I've lost 22lbs on them and I have cheated a bit but always lived to regret it :oops:

Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.