Nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

I discovered this when I was using the restroom and I felt an uncomfortable ich in my lower region. Of course, I scratched until raw because it just wasn't going away . I then noticed a lump near my ciltoris which wasn't on the other side. Curious, I pressed on it & squeezed it. It wasn't painful so I didn't think much of it. Now, my labia on the right side is very swollen. I'm 16, never had sex, always takes a shower and washes myself. I am too embarrassed to show my face in a hospital for this. Please help me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You said it was near your clitoris?...a bartholin glad cyst is under the skin of your labia major (or at least protruding from). So, this may not be the right forum for you. But, if I am misunderstanding what you are saying, you should try sitz baths (bath filled only up to your hips) with Epsom salt, try taking Silicea 30C, and putting Witch Hazel on the area. All of these techniques supposedly work to take the pain away and even sometimes drain it, but I had no luck and wound up having to go to my gynecologist and have it drained twice then was given antibiotics. Good luck! But like I said, this doesn't involve the clitoris and doesn't typically itch , so this probably isn't your issue.

• Posted

Forgot to add this, but not only is it in the labia majora, it is in the bottom part of it (near the anus).
  • Posted

Hi Brooke, there is nothing to be embarrassed. In my opinion you should go to the doctor because the lump you have. For me it looks like yest infection, but may be something else.

You can try some home remedies for the itching, because I think it is driving you nuts. Try not to scratch it, I know is hard.

Water with little bit of vinager will help you with the itching, but i am not sure if it will cure, use it just to keep you away from scratchs, or until you see the dr.

You can also go to the pharmacy and buy something for the itching or yest infection, the cream is better than vinager, vinager for me is more like an emergency lol.

Buy the cream and use it externally every night until the itch and all the swelling disappear. If you have a discharge, it is a different treatment, and I still think you should go to the doctor for more advise and future prevention.

BC hurts and grows fast, and it grows at the entrance of the vagina.

Good luck to you, please go the doctor, you may have another kind of bacterias, try to use only 100% cotton underwear, boxer types o small, not those that goes between your butt.

Take care.

• Posted

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Go see your doctor. Really hard for anyone on here to tell you what to do unless they see what's going on. From sounds of it...it's not a bartholin cyst. While people giving suggestions on here are just trying to be helpful, doing something a stranger suggests could make things worse. Please see your doctor. ?. You and your doctor will come up with a plan that works for you...after all...you are 16! You have a fun filled life ahead of you!!!

Lori

• Posted

It's a possibility of BC. Nothing to be embarrassed about i had mine since i was 18 too, and i am still going though this pain. It's better to get it checked before it get infected becuase once it's infected that pain in unbearable. The Obgyn will drain this cyst for you on the same day vistit and you will feel much better. But it will be back so you have to be really careful not to irritate that area like no waxing (shaving is fine) and don't scratch it. More you irriate that area the bigger the cyst will get and more chances of infection. 

I am getting my gland perminatly removed as i already has 4 flare ups on same side with all 4 time getting infected. 

Good luck and hope this helps you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.