Nervous

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 10 weeks post op following breaking my ankle in 3 places my consultant has now said I can fully weight bear wearing my boot for 2 weeks then just to walk I feel anxious and sick at this prospect I am eager to get back into work but I feel I am a 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am being silly my husband is supportive but can’t see where I am coming from is this normal 
    • Posted

HI Sharon, 

I don't think your being silly at all! I am only 9 days out and still in a ton of pain! EVERYONE keeps telling me it will  be gone with in days.  haha! I think they are dead wrong.  I feel your fear. I am non weight bearing and seems every time I go to the bath room I hit /put down my foot...and I'm scared of that! So your fear is real.... 

Remember baby steps... 

Good luck!

Rose

• Posted

I am sure your anxiety is normal. I have 2 ankles in non weight bearing casts and am due at hospital tomorrow and am scared stiff of them coming off after 6 weeks, I expect I will get boots next but still scared stiff.

I am sure your reaction is totally normal, I think we lose confidence in our bodies and need to regain it slowly as we get back to normal.

Good luck, you can only progress at your own speed so take your time.

• Posted

Perfectly normal feeling. I suffered a trimalleolar fracture on September 7th and I thought I would never walk again because the pain was so bad when I barely touched the bottom of my foot.  I became partial weight bearing on Oct. 23rd, full weight bearing two weeks later, and am now walking around the house with no walking aids.  I have an excellent physical therapist and encourage you to go to physical therapy if possible.  If not, look up exercises online.  For now, you should at least be wiggling your toes.  I understand your fear completely and it is normal.  But your  ability to walk will come back! Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.