NERVOUS

Posted , 6 users are following.

I haven't had a period since September. Went for an ultrasound and my lining is thick. Tomorrow I am having a biopsy to make sure all is good. Feeling nervous because it's still a biopsy. Anyone else have to do this test?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there, I'm sure all will be well! I heard it wasn't painful. The worst part is now, the anticipatory anxiety. Breathe and visualize calmness if you can. I know it's not easy, trust me.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Been there and done one.  I was told to take some ibuprofen before I went in. A little uncomfortable, but not bad. I’ve had paps that were worse. Told me I could have some spotting afterwards, I never did. Test came out fine. Lots of worry for nothing.  

It’s going to be just fine. 

• Posted

Hi, Dorothy, sorry you're going through this.  Do take some Tylenol before hand, and you might want to wear a pad, too.  My biopsy was painful, but the doctor worked fast, and it was soon over. 

Best of luck to you.  Please let me know how you get on! xx

• Posted

Hi - yes I absolutely flipped out because I had a super heavy period after skipping a couple here and there and I had the ultrasound, plus blood work and exam, plus a lab test sample and my lining was “borderline “ thick as well..all turned out fine, just normal changes. Dr. said if pain or bleeding got unbearable to come back, but it’s been fine for 6 mos or so..I’d say it’s normal but certainly see what dr says. I’m sure yours will be fine as well. I do understand the nerve wracking aspect of tests so please reach out when needed. We are here! Sending positive vibes your way. 😊

• Posted

Thank You ALL so much for reaching out to me. I love this little community of women! We support each other😃

I will keep you ALL posted. Keep me in your prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.