Nervous about getting fibroscan...Again

Posted , 3 users are following.

So next month will be my schedule test again for fibroscan. This is my 2nd time, as i was diagnosed with liver fibrosis last Dec. I've been so focus on my treatment, since then i only eat healthy foods and take exercise. I have lose 44pounds in 5 months, my weigh now is at 147 pounds. My ALT and AST are now at there normal level. All my blood test are normal. Having this said, i still dont feel confident about my liver condition now. I am still scared getting my 2nd fibroscan, what if the score will be the same or gets higher (my score 9.8kpa). I am really freaking scared what will my score be sad

Sorry if this post might be irrelevant but i just wanted to share to someone about this because i cannot share this to my family as i dont want them to worry about me sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrra. Your post is not irrelevant; if anyone has any concerns that are on their mind, that's not irrelevant! Forums exist to support you, so I hope you feel that support here.

I'm new to this forum (a few days), so I don't have a lot of technical or medical experience to share with you, but I sure do share worrying about things, so I'll speak to that.

First, congratulations on taking such positive action for yourself! You've accomplished so much and it shows determination and dedication and anytime anyone does this, it serves them well, so that's great.

In my experience, blood tests are an important initial indication in assessing someone's health, and if yours are normal, I think you've earned the right to relax a little. Also, I know it doesn't help to say, "Don't worry," but it does help to always remember to not worry about something that hasn't happened yet.

I hope you'll continue on your positive, empowered path and that it will allow you to feel more control over what you're dealing with. I trust your scan will confirm this and give you some relief from your concerns.

You're very young to be dealing with anything (!), so if you'll let me make a suggestion, try to focus on something that you're passionate about. It will do wonders to help keep a balance with the worry.

I look forward to hearing good news from you after your scan!

Sienna

• Posted

Thanks Sienna! Such positive and beautiful words, thank you thank you thank youuuuu so much for your advise!!! Its like you said the things that i want to hear smile i'll definitely share the good news to you (im already claiming it will be good news smile ) after my scan.

• Posted

At 2010 I made a fibroscan for my liver and the kilopascal value was 17.5 when the normal value was between 4-7.5. At that time I had a fatty liver, my weight was around 73 kgs .my blood tests were normal and I had not any trouble (pain ) in my liver. A university professor after I made more tests which were normal told me to do nothing. At decemberof 2017 I repeated same fibroscan the kilopascal was now 14.5 , same weight normal blood tests no pains . So yoy have nothing to qfraid with your kilopascal values

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.