Nervous about laparoscopy/hysteroscopy on Monday

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have already read some posts about what to expect when having a laparoscopy etc but even so I am still a bit apprehensive. From one point of view I can't wait to get diagnosis confirmed so I can start sorting out how to progress on the other hand I am worried about what they will find and how I will be after the procedure. Although after todays pain it can't come to soon. Any support, advice etc will be gratefully received. I know you guys are great at that.

Many thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

I've recently had hysteroscopy & endo biopsies. It was all very daunting, but it's the positive is you know that things will start moving in the right direction ...

I've been diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia - simple & I've just had a coil fitted.

The procedure you are having is raved about by so many people. At least something is now being done to resolve your situation..

Hope all goes well I'm sure it will

Tc

• Posted

Thanks I knew I would get some support. I know sensibly it is the best way forward but still nervous - only to be expected I suppose.
  • Posted

Its really nothing to worry about i have had 9 laproscopies so far and i have found after the surgery you are sore but as long as you keep on top of your painkillers you should be fine. Dont be doing any heavy lifting and bending just take it easy.

I was worried when i was having my first one but i thought i am suffering in so much pain i need to know what is going on.

Anything you want to know or unsure about make sure you ask the doctor before you are put to sleep.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

• Posted

Thank you I know it's for the best and some of you have had more than one. Will be careful afterwards and keep on top of painkillers as suggested. How long does the soreness last, roughly, I know everyone is different so what happens to you might not be the same for me but just to have an idea.
  • Posted

Hi I had my investigatory op and hysterectomy both via lap and I was really apprehensive especially on the first op but one minute your in anaesthetic room next your waking up and over with. You will be sore especially for first 24 hours but I came off pain killers completely after a few days both times. Be prepared for a wait beforehand as it all depends where you on list. Take some magazines or something to occupy time. I also found that you can get dry lips so lip balm handy but that was more when I stayed in overnight with hysterectomy. I wish you all the best and you get some answers
    • Posted

Thank you. The lip balm had never occurred to me. I had thought of some sweets to suck and a bottle of water as my cousin when said she had hers she was really thirsty even though they gave her a cup of tea. Will add the lip balm to the list of stuff to take. Thanks again for the reassurance.

• Posted

Just another quick question. Β When you had your diagnositc lapaoroscopy was any tissue removed at that point. Β I am a little confused as to whether it will purely be a camera looking at what it can find or whether if they find anything they will try and deal with it if at all possible? Β I know that with the hysteroscopy they will be taking a polyp off but was not sure about the other one.
    • Posted

I actually went in to remove a large cyst but woke up to them saying I had severe endometriosis and everything was fused together which was cause of my pain. They they spent time defusing in same op. I then went through options as likely to reoccur at a later date . It's very hard to know what's going on without lap as things like endo don't show on scans. They normally take samples sometimes just for reassurance that nothing else going on but most of time it's not so try not to worry about it too much.
    • Posted

Thank you. So fingers crossed they might be able to help with the pain I have. I just wondered if they did camera bit in one op and then you had to go for a second op when they sorted things out if that makes sense.
    • Posted

To froggy28

Do you have endometrial hyperplasia?

I've had hysteroscopy & Endo biopsies polyps removed diagnosis endometrial hyperplasia- simple so 1-2% chance of progress to cancer.

Just had coil fitted.

Have you had any thing similar?

Thank u

• Posted

Hi. Mine was endometriosis growths on womb and ovaries which had fused to wall bladder and bowel. They were going to put Coil in but because hassles my mum had when she had coil when she was younger I said I didn't want one so had zoladex injection to stop ovaries producing estrogen (that causes endo to grow). They could the see if this helped reduced pain and whether having ovaries removed would be a future option. In end o went for full hysterectomy, Inc ovaries and cervix. My mum had womb cancer so that played part in my decision to get rid of it all even tho it means years of hrt. I had op 5 months ago and touch wood no pain 😊
    • Posted

You're a very & inspirational person.

I've felt wrecked with fear until I got my biopsy results. Pathetic really on my part. Now I know there's no cancer naturally feel relieved but didn't want nor need (at this point) to have a hysterectomy. I had coil fitted 7 days & as yet no blood loss apart from on day of fitting., so I'm hoping that's ok.

• Posted

I'm sure it will be and it works well for lots of people. There is no need to have an op unnecesarily especially if this stops problems. At end of say we all deserve quality of life pain free so what ever works for the individual is the right choice. 😊
  • Posted

Have had the procedures now and they say no Endometriosis found. Have removed polyp so have to wait for result of that. Have also inserted a Miena coil - sort of sprung it on me at the pre op chat but having seen that lots of you have it I thought it couldn't hurt to give a try and see if it helps with the heavy periods and pain surrounding it. Feeling OK at the moment but very sore round laparoscopy entry site but as only 24 hours on not to be unexpected. Thanks for all your advice and support.
    • Posted

Glad it's all over for you. It will be sore for a few days but it soon goes. I hope coil works for you and I'm sure polyp will be fine. Let us know when you get results 😊
    • Posted

Thanks not feeling too bad today, soreness is only very slight now. Not sure whether it is just me or whether I am having hot flushes. Every so often during the day I come over very hot at night as well. It does not bother me particularly but just wondered if this had anything to do with the coil fitting - it may just be my age anyway (I am 52).
    • Posted

Hi Susan

I'm really pleased all went well for you., & majorly impressed you got your diagnosis straight away & endometriosis. I had to wait week for my results plus polyp biopsy. I had a coil fitted 2 weeks ago. I'm 50 I've had a tiny bit of spotting but I've been advised bleeds could be random for 6 months. I've had some period symptoms e.g breast swollen & a few niggle pains but not top bad. I understand that many people get lots of symptoms so hot flushes could be par for the course. I'm pleased your ok. Hope the coil works for both of us & you have no more pain. Plus I hope it gets rid of my hyperplasia πŸ˜‰

Tc x

• Posted

Fingers crossed. Still have to wait for biopsy results but things feel so much better already, if it is hot flushes it is a small price to pay compared with what I had. Hope things stay good for you too.
    • Posted

You'll be fine I'm sure, from what I've read on this forum we've all had polyps or the like.

The fact you have no hyperplasia is brilliant, I'm grateful mine is only - simple stage with no atypia so chances of progressing to cancer are 1-2% ... Still worry tho. My consultant has said she doesn't think it will be she will be keeping an eye on me. Hence I've had coil for progesterone.

I hope all works well for you, sounds like it already is

πŸ˜„

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.