Nervous breakdown

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Everyone...

Due to some stressful events over the summer and some health issues I tried 3 antidepressants with disastrous results. Every one made me worse and now I am so imbalanced coming off of them that I am in the midst of a full on nervous breakdown. I can't read or watch tv or distract myself in any way. I cannot handle starting yet another antidepressant. My body can't handle it and I worry constantly about what it is doing to my brain. I WILL NOT take another one. I am seeing a nutritionist and addressing dietary concerns, Lyme disease, and mold toxicity. But I can't help wondering if the only way out is to get my thought patterns straight. I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through a complete breakdown to the point where they were not functional and come back without medication. I would love some tips or success stories! It feels like it will never end. Please no negativity or horror stories! <3

5 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sunshine,

I myself had a real hard time a few years ago, the tablets they put me on made me suicidal and i wont touch an anti depressant again! (sorry cant remember the name). I had been up and down for years and until they gave me the "suicide tablets" they seemed to work! but they really sent me loopy. since then ive dragged myself up! its not been easy. People were my main up, even though i didnt want to see anyone...diet is good even though i didnt want to eat and with the first two you seem to exercise more. 

Much Love

Iain

• Posted

Thank you! It's good to know it's possible. I've heard of people bringing themselves out of it. I mean, what did they do 50 years ago when there were no antidepressants? It's not like people just stay this way. I think it's a blip, a phase and the human body is resilient. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.