Nervous for Ultrasound

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am getting an abdominal ultrasound tomorrow and getting nervous they will find cancer or something worse! GP ordered it to give me peace of mind and to make sure nothing is going on! She said she expects to find nothing and blood work, physical, pelvic u/s, mammogram are perfect! Today I am getting pains in my stomach and worry it's something other than anxiety! Please send prayers and positive thoughts my way! Thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Marla, try not to stress too much - if your GP has said they expect to find nothing then she is telling the truth. I know how you feel I promise, been there done that big time, convincing myself of the worst possible sinario and my GP said the same thing and I didn't believe him either and I was fine ! Tummy pains are probably because you are getting yourself all in a pickle about things - try to get a good nights sleep and ease your mind a little x
  • Posted

And yes sending big hugs ((( ))) and lots of positive thoughts to you x
  • Posted

Thank you Lou! I appreciate the support and pray I am ok! I am 47 so bad things can start happening at my age! Thank you again! 
    • Posted

We are all here for you - I'm 53 and went through what you are right now and I'm still here ! So many of us have been there hun you are not on your own, talk to us anytime. Lots of positive hugs and energy for tomorrow , please let us know how you get on. Try not to worry, remember what your GP said " not expecting to find anything " - keep telling yourself that, they tell the truth x
  • Posted

Marla I was the same today. Had CT scan done on head then dye injected to look at the arteries in my neck. What a fuss I caused, had worked myself up so much had a migraine, was scared to lay flat cause of dizziness, held everything up because staff trying to calm me down

Been really ill all day because of it, it's not worth getting into this state. Now worried about results

Just relax your docs only trying to reassure you, everything will be good

Let us know how you get on

Best wishes x

• Posted

Hi there, try not to worry. Stress can be a huge problem with health and causing problems ohys
    • Posted

Physically. Try to do some some meditation to relax your mind and try to keep a positive mind set. The more you think positive the better it is for your body. Sometimes we feel as though something more sinister is accruing when it can actually just be the smallest problem. We can actually add to out healthy with our minds. Try not t
    • Posted

Try not worry. Thought are with you. I hope all goes well
  • Posted

Thank you everyone! This support means a lot!  I will be on pins and needles until results come in. I have myself all worked with heartburn now, pain on each side of my belly and in the high center! I hope it's nerves! God Bless you all and if this test comes out ok, I am going to accept the explanation of the Dr that this is scar tissue causing my problems! It's o hard to believe when they can't diagnos it 100%! Thank you all again xoxo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.