Nervous if I have herpes or not and no doc appointment for weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

so ive had some redness under my foreskin for a while now with some red looking bumps too on my penis head just above also. im

really really nervous that its herpes as i have had unprotected sex before. there has been no blistering at all, and i do suffer from psoriasis elsewhere, including a small patch at the base of my penis. i do also sweat a fair amount too. Does it look like herpes to anybody here?image

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

looks like friction have u masturbated roughly etc ?? u should still rule out herpes

• Posted

i wouldnt say roughly no. i would say I do masturbate fairly frequently. I do also appear to have oral thrush at the moment too i think

• Posted

if u have it in the mouth u most likely have it on the penis to

• Posted

my tongue certainly has whiteness on it right now which im thinking is thrush? If it is on both, do you think this would indicate something more serious as the cause at all?

• Posted

no iv had the same before on the tongue and downstairs they did blood tests to check my immune system but everything came back normal i was prescribed nystatin to start with and that didnt shift it so was given fluconazole for 5 days which sorted the mouth issue out but not the issue down below so had to have cream for that

• Posted

Thanks for all the info. So from your experience it seems like thrush potentially for both? I have been worrying about this for so long and been losing my mind with having to wait for a docs appointment honestly.

• Posted

i am very much hoping that it is. thank you for your insight in it all, much appreciated

• Posted

can u post back when u have seen a doctor incase anyone else gets the same thing they know wat it is

• Posted

yeah i definitely will. If anybody else has further insight right now then feel free to post still, but I will certainly post any results after i see a doctor. unfortunately the appointment isn't until the 24th but I will certainly post.

• Posted

Hey man. Just wanted to let you know im having the same exact issues plus a few. Ive had a very similar red mark on my penis head in the same spot for about 3 months now, also ive had Thrush or a thick white coating on my tongue daily for about 3-4 months as well, also a lot of urethral issues(some pain and burning). I used Nystatin for a week but didnt cure it, let me add in that im pretty on top of my oral hygiene and that hasnt helped either. I went to a Endocrinologist and had my immune system tested and full CBC in which came back normal. Also have been tested for every STD other then genital warts, the doctor never brought up hpv so i figured its hopefully not that. You can check my page i have a few posts discussing my similar issues. Keep me posted on anything you find out! im seeing a urologist who is gonna do a cystoscopy on me(check my bladder and urethra) because ive had very bad issues emptying my bladder and getting a stream

• Posted

Hey man, thanks for all the insight there. I imagine I'll get tested for all STI's when i eventually have my appointment on the 20th so I'll let you know the outcome of that. I am quite confident it is not an STI however from what I've researched about them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I won't have much of an update until my docs app unfortunately, but I'll be sure to reply once I have been and again once I get test results!

• Posted

just an update, had an appointment with the doc and he reckons its nothing to worry about at all. Says that it doesn't look like any STD but that it looks like dermititis (or however it is spelled) will keep updated though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.