Nervous/mental breakdown

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i would really like any advise please. I had a nervous breakdown two years ago. I spent a year in bed with such servier physical symptoms. The hospital or doctors did not no what was wrong with me. I just felt I was left to go home and get on with it myself. Through desperation I had to do slot of research to find out what was wrong with me. Although the year in bed was literally like something from a horror movie that I never want to go back to. I am left with these set backs that make me feel like a bag of nerves and have health anxiety I have really physcotic episodes for a few weeks then ok for a few weeks. I have lost my job and have two children. I permanatley feel like I am walking round convincing my self I am dying from a terminal illness. It is not fair on my children and I feel like I am not getting the right care or medication. I have never met anyone who is going through thus he'll after a breakdown or can not find any research about it online I feel like I am the only one?

5 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you should seek help from a good psychiatrist or psychotherapist for the right diagnosis and treatment. 
  • Posted

Hi Thank You for you reply I am waiting on the nhs. But I'm thinking maybe it's worth going private. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.