Nervous over biopsy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had LS for several years. My gyn has had me using a steroid cream and a estrogen cream alternately at night. Up to this point I haven't had a biopsy. Yesterday she said s little spot was a little larger this time. She want to do the biopsy in 2 weeks. So scared especially about this turning cancerous. Any good thoughts to make me feel better? Thank you .

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't be nervous..it's good to get the Biopsy..the white spots are just a part of the journey.. all of us have to keep in mind monitoring and being proactive in or health down there..I ask my Dr. If I ever get to the point where it's cancer is it curable? She said 100% so I keep that in my mind and don't let anything stay around for long..

• Posted

Hello Martha, Don't worry about having a biopsy it is not as bad as you would think. As regards the results the likelyhood of it being something bad isn't high, but it is best to have it checked, better to find out early should it be a problem.

My Gyni told me straight away that all looked fine and that he was sure that the results would confirm this which they did. Try to be positive, but let us know how it goes. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much. It helps to “talk” to someone that’s been thru this. My appt is June 6 I’ll let you know what it shows.
  • Posted

A biopsy can tell you the truth, it is the unknown that will undue you... Will pray all will be well...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.