Nervous wreck when first waking up..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anybody else feel really nervous/Shaky when waking up ?.Ive noticed I rush downstairs to take my meds as soon as I wake up. This is when all the awful weird feelings start creeping up my head like spiders. Once I have a banana and a cup of De Cafe coffee I settle down...

1 like, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes,I do,feel horrendously anxious when first waking,it's a horrible feeling. I think it's when the adrenaline levels are at their highest. I too have a banana first thing,and glad you are having de-caff. What meds are you on?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I also feel worse in the morning.. I take lexapro 10mg and a beta blocker before bed and still wake anxiousa and dizzy wasn't sure why. I'm on week 3 of lexapro and it seems to be helping. I still take ativan as needed..  
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have always had this.  On medication or off, I awake feeling terrible.  Takes a long time for me to settle down.  You are lucky yours does not last too long.

Many times I have taken meds and gone back to bed.  Now not on any anti depressants or prescribed medication, so what I feel must be anxiety.  I think this must be normal as I have read a lot of messages where people with depression and anxiety feel bad when they awaken.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Stacey, your not alone on that one I think mornings are the worst time for most anxiety sufferers.

Banana also for me and de caff coffee, some times have a crumpet with jam on.. Yum.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up