Nervous wreck when first waking up..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anybody else feel really nervous/Shaky when waking up ?.Ive noticed I rush downstairs to take my meds as soon as I wake up. This is when all the awful weird feelings start creeping up my head like spiders. Once I have a banana and a cup of De Cafe coffee I settle down...

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes,I do,feel horrendously anxious when first waking,it's a horrible feeling. I think it's when the adrenaline levels are at their highest. I too have a banana first thing,and glad you are having de-caff. What meds are you on?
    • Posted

Hi Justine..

Im on Fluoxitine and I have Amiltriptiline in a night..Its been a real bad few weeks. I suddenly stupidly decided to come off my meds 4 months ago and felt fine until 4 weeks ago. Panic attack city sad..x

• Posted

I know the feeling,have been an anxious mess since June. Currently day 12 of Escitalopram,but like all antidepressants I think they make you worse before better. Do the amitryptaline help at all?
    • Posted

I felt more anxious when I started with the fluoxetine now I feel calm and spaced out like a little stoned lol. Yeah Amitriptiline relaxes you and I have a great nights sleep with them..x
    • Posted

I have always wondered why I feel like this in the mornings.  I think your explanation about adrenaline levels could be true.  I always feel as though my brain is awash. 

I am not on medication.  I drink de caff coffee but don't like bananas.  I take quite a few supplements.

• Posted

Hi Tonya,not sure about the Escitalopram yet as started 12 days ago on 2.5mg for 4 days,then 5mg,then finally to 10mg 2 days ago (due to my fear of side effects) Had a nightmare time with Sertraline so am hoping these work without adverse effects. Have some 2mg Diazepam to help if needed. Do you like them,are they working for you? x
    • Posted

Hi Anne,that's great that you are not on medication. Am very interested in what supplements help with anxiety/depression,what do you take if you don't mind me asking? x
    • Posted

Yes the lexapro is working. No terrible side affects.. I take mine at night just cuz they make me sleepy. I take ativan as needed to help.. When do you take your lexapro?
  • Posted

I also feel worse in the morning.. I take lexapro 10mg and a beta blocker before bed and still wake anxiousa and dizzy wasn't sure why. I'm on week 3 of lexapro and it seems to be helping. I still take ativan as needed..  
  • Posted

I have always had this.  On medication or off, I awake feeling terrible.  Takes a long time for me to settle down.  You are lucky yours does not last too long.

Many times I have taken meds and gone back to bed.  Now not on any anti depressants or prescribed medication, so what I feel must be anxiety.  I think this must be normal as I have read a lot of messages where people with depression and anxiety feel bad when they awaken.

• Posted

Hi Stacey, your not alone on that one I think mornings are the worst time for most anxiety sufferers.

Banana also for me and de caff coffee, some times have a crumpet with jam on.. Yum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.