Neurapathy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, in a nutshell I have for the last 21 years severe chronic Neurapathy in both legs and both arms, sometimes it's so bad I just crawl up in a ball ( depressed ) and sleep which actually over the years i found to be the best thing to do when all else seems hopeless, when you sleep you kinda reboot your brain and I awake feeling alot better.

Medication is after a lot of testing out years ago Tramadol (slow realessed over 12 hours ) and Gabapentin which is fantastic, I have had a back operation in the UK and 2 spinal stimulators fitted in Germany but both didn't work (I am that unlucky 20 percent 🙄 ), now I am taking Marinol ( also called Dronabinol a Medical marijuana) and comes with all the side effects without the smoking etc, oh and only occasionally giggling, but I can't stand this stoned feeling all day everyday maybe its being 56 years old 🤟😎.

lastly I have investigated and bought a small bottle of CBD oil drops from the online chemist I use frequently as they source everything from here in Germany, CBD oil is legal everywhere with no prescription and comes with no or very little THC so feeling stoned etc is a thing off the passed, the CBD oil actually work a treat but cost 50 euros a bottle and to be used when needed ,I think I will need 3 maybe more bottles a month, I am not well off at all for money but to have little pain and very few or no side effects is priceless.

Nights are the worse now with the CBD oil as when I wake with pain around 2am I must get up go downstairs to the fridge warm the bottle a little (as it thickens when cold) 2 drops under the tongue and job done, but as sufferers with nerve problems will tell you, when your in bed in severe pain as it's in your head as well, you need medication but can't get up to get it, it's the worsed feeling I know and can understand those who get seriously depressed (I have once), I try my hardest everyday to laugh or cry it really doesn't matter as long as it's out ( talk talk talk ), I am man on an on going quest to be comfortable just comfortable but most of all Tramadol free, it's not a lot to ask, is it.

Watch this space. 😉

P.s I'm still a bit stoned from the Dronabinol but a very happy stoned I'm slightly only slightly ashamed to say (not really ). ??😏😎

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes I find neuropathic pain can be very difficult to cope with, the doctors can only do so much and medication can be a lot of help but once your body get used to it you get breakthrough pain, i would think most people will this pain will suffer mental health problems i become very depressed , for some reason it does not keep me awake at night, just want them to find a cure to let us get on with life pain free

• Posted

Hi guys, I have chronic sacrialic joint dysfunction and failed l4/5 fusion, i have severe burning, numbing, stinging pain all over but especially in my legs, im lying here wandering what to do, I need to have a 360 fusion once I have some level of fitness to be able to cope with the opp and hoping this will help my SI JOINT, my right leg is numb from my hip down and the pain is unbearable.

The mental side of chronic pain is harder to deal with than the pain itself, it really does take you to another place 😪

• Posted

I been living with severe poly sfn for 7yrs now. Im 35 and life has been very hard. Im very sick and suffer with nerve pain 24 -7 im disabled. I just miss my old life so much. Just being able to walk and feel the ground. My neuropathy is from severe b1 thiamine deficiency that no one knows how i got. Now i suffer from autonomic neuropathy . Had pacemaker installed cause fast/slow hr. Im going stanford Dysautonomia clinic 2/21/19 im truly looking for a miracle to at least be able to stand with out fainting. i been laying or sitting for the past 7yrs no doc knows what do for me. If it wasnt for my mom i have thought a lot about suicide but i know thats not the answer but im so sick trying find the answer. Very hard seeing people around you go on living their lives. careers relationships ect and here i am disabled since 27 its just been a real night mare. Im sorry for rambling on im just so confused and very p****d off with life. Not trying play sympathy card but i need a break and so does my poor mom. this has truly broken her down. She worries about me being sick and how much my life has been taken from me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.