Neurological hand tests injured my hand

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I have an undiagnosed repetitive stress injury of some kind that has lasted 2.5 years, where I have pain in the palm of my hands, that is sometimes burning, sometimes aching, and occasionally shoots up into fingers, but not my pinky and not, generally , my thumb. I do NOT have numbness or tingling, never have. I've visited a neurologist six weeks ago and he performed a battery of neurological tests on my hands by hand. Previous to the visit, I was managing my pain and was able to use my hands occupationally without too much difficulty overall. Most of the time. Or at least most of most of the time. During the visit, the tests were very rough on my hands, and although the tests were scored 100, I left without any pain. Fast forward to 10 hours later and all of the pain of my original injury and more returned. It is about 6 1/2 weeks later and there has been some improvement, But it has been very uneven and I cannot function occupationally fully or even moderately, I would say minimally. My question is: has anybody ever heard of a standard battery of neurological tests causing incapacitating pain? Medical professionals don't seem to know what's wrong with my hands in any case, but that is a different matter. I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of such a thing, Why it might've occurred, what condition or injury such a outcome would indicate.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.