Neurological issue ??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I had an accident where I fell backwards from a height of 6 feet, I landed on my right side/bottom/right wrist,

I was taken to hospital with a broken wrist, lower back pain, neck pain,

Mri showed nothing wrong with my spine, I went into acute urinary retention and was catheterized a few hours after my fall

No one seems to know what caused my AUR and I want to know if the trauma of a heavy fall from 6 feet could cause AUR even though the MRI didn't detect spinal damage.

Thanks [smile]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Look into getting a CT scan and find out if have lost any CSF, cerebral spinal fluid. 

• Posted

Hi Michael

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me!

My accident was 2 years o so I don't think the ct scan would help at this stage,

I don't have Acute Urine Retention any more it only lasted 2 weeks, But its the cause of the AUR I would like help with, such as could the shock/pain of a hard fall backwards onto concrete cause AUR, like could it have shook my nervous system up to cause this,

Any more suggestions would be great smile

Thanks

• Posted

Hi leesteuk,

I can only tell you that my CSF leak was caused by me bumping my head very hard on the interior roof of a van.

I'm not sure if your situation could be similarYou may have a CSF leak from the fall, I would guess that it is possible?

Michael

• Posted

Hi Michael

I am due to see the urologist in  ten days so I will mention what you say to her and see what she says.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.