Neurologist

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 16 weeks since diagnosis

i am now seeing a neurologist due to tve weakness in my arms and lack of movement in my thumb and finger on left hand, He thinks its my MEDIAN NERVE which is causing my symptoms, having nerve function tests in 2 weeks time.

Has anyone else had any issues with the median nerve?

Also has anyone had any vision problems?

I got up today and noticed my left eye isnt quite right, when i look at a number plate or street sign with my left eye only the word or letters look clear but the bottom looks slightly blurred, almost an extension of the main wording but blurred

The whole experience is getting me down, 1 step forward and 5 back

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been having vision issues. but more like tunnel vision.

• Posted

same here sam especially when i am driving i seem to notice it the most

• Posted

Hi James,

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this awful time with mono, what a dreadful virus it is. I hope and pray so much that these symptoms with your median nerve and vision can settle down and improve soon. I was fortunate when I went through the virus not to experience those particular symptoms but I know how destructive and debilitating this virus can be and it can cause a wide range of things, everyone seems to get affected differently it can affect so many things.

The virus also affected me intensely mentally and emotionally as well, it is frightening and words can't describe it when all these things are happening to your body and it goes on for a number of months, you go through all sorts of emotions and fears and worries and depression and anxieties.

Hang in there James, I want to reassure you as someone who went through an awful time with the virus too a number of years ago that it does get better. After 4 months I was still struggling badly, feeling so unwell, drained, fatigued and with all sorts of aches and pains. Believe me James the intensity does lessen as time goes on, this is the worst phase you are in right now - things do and will get better. Your body eventually does get on top of and kick out this virus once and for it, it's just so frustrating it can take a number of months for this to happen, but truly it does happen and your health and body resilience will return. I know it was only down to God that I was able to get through it and I'm grateful for that today still even though it was a number of years ago that I had the virus.

So definitely want to encourage you James, you WILL get through this and back to full health again, even though I can only imagine how hard it must be to see or appreciate that today when not feeling so great. The body has amazing powers of recovery thanks to God, and I believe God is the great healer and that with some more time you are going to be back to good and full health again. But for now just take it one day at a time, rest when you need to, look after yourself, take as much time out from work / studies / other stresses as you need to and put your health and recovery first.

Thinking about you James, message any time - the forum here is great lots of good people who truly know what it's like to go through mono - but remember there is hope and FULL recovery ahead, even if it takes a little time - hang in there and hoping you are feeling settled and stable today.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.