Neurology appointment

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been referred to neurology and have been waiting months for an appointment.

Has anyone experienced what I have just to get an idea on what could be causing my symptoms.

It always starts with my right eye which goes all blurry and there is a haze sheet over it. The 99% of the time my mouth and tounge starts to go numb and tingly and then straight after my right seem goes numb and sometimes my left too.. I have tried to notice when it happens if I am doing anything to try and trigger it off but it happens when I am busy working or if I am watching tv or reading or out walking the dog. It irregular too. My legs each day almost feel like the are tight and slightly tingly. I feel as if I have just ran for miles when I haven't.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

As if*

My right arm*

Sorry I wrote this on a phone.

• Posted

Hi Shannon... I can relate to the eye (my right one) going blurry and I often wake up with a thick rubbery mucous over my eye. When I get the mucous off, I can see againsmile Do you have allergies? Seems like when I sneeze, my vision goes blurry, and I also get disoriented.
    • Posted

At first I did think It was allergies but I have never sneezed or my eye isn't itchy. It just feels strange. I've never had the mucous either. Do you just wipe it of and it comes off normally?
    • Posted

you also need a MRI.

any neurological response to sneezing {aka a valsalva maneuver} is a sign of brain stem compression due to Chiari.

• Posted

I have never heard of chiari. I will investigate. Thank you so much! I was diagnosed with Parkinson's last year...but many of my symptoms are not typical.
  • Posted

My eye isn't itchy either...but I have developed a red (blood vessel) streak across the far outer corner of the eye. The rubbery "slime" is only there in the morning & definitely blocks the vision until I remove it. It's fairly easy to remove by scraping the lower lid (don't scrape your eyeball with anything). But my vision blurs after sneezing, too...as well as my brainsmile Sneezing has a bad effect on me. I do have environmental allergies. My nose runs alot, too.
  • Posted

is your hearing and balance alright, 
    • Posted

Yeah totally fine... I have been getting a lot of wax in my ear and have recently had a ear infection but thing tingling has been going on for years
    • Posted

Yeas it's down one side. Sometimes Both hands. My b12 hasn't been checked
    • Posted

Thank you! When I get my appointment through I'll mention it x
  • Posted

I've been attending physio for occasional but quite sever neck pain, she refered me back to the Dr to get a ct scan or x-rays of my neck done as she thinks I've damaged vertebra from an RTA som 25 years ago, my Dr has instead refered me for unspecified nurological tests, I to have an impression of blured vission in my right eye with according to my optician no pysical reason, accordingto the letterthe phsio wrote my Dr I also have reduced upper body reflexes both sides, so I to am wondering what to expect
  • Posted

Chiari & Tethered Cord.

You need a brain and full spine MRI.

And then find Chiari groups on FB... because radiologists, neurologists and most neurosurgeons don't really have a clue what a "nomal" brain is supposed to look like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.