Neurology Problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good Morning, 

My name is Jesus, i am 27 years old.

Let me start by saying that I had an accident 10 years ago, and 5 years ago started to feel the symptoms that I will indicate below. 

Numbness, cramps, burning sensation, pins and needles on my right leg, buttocks.

Sometimes I feel pinches on my lower back. When I go to sleep, I cant sleep over my right leg because I start to feel a burning sensation on my right calf. 

Ive done many test and nobody were able to find anything until last week, finally somobody found something, on an EMG test.

Findings:

Bilateral sural sensory responses was normal. Right peroneal motor and tibial anterior amplitude was abnormal, with borderline slowing of the conduction velocity across the ankle and knee. The common peroneal motor response showed abnormal in amplitude when recorded from the EDB, with some deficiencies observed. Right tibial F-Waves are abnormal. Needle EMG revealed Abnormal activity in (LSP) Lumbo-sacral paraspinous with no evidence of reinnervation.

Diagnostic Interpretation:

This electrical study is abnormal. There is electrodiagnostic evidence of a sensori-motor neuropathy involving the right peroneal nerve below the know and tibial nerve converning for lumbar radiculopathy involving the L4/L5/S1 nerve roots vs. a polyneuropathy. 

Can somebody help me? i have an appointment with a doctor in August. 

PS, sorry for my english.

Thank you and I hope somebody can help me.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you had some lower back injuries that herniated some disc in your lower back which causes your symptoms. You need to see a orthopedist or chiropractor.
    • Posted

Angela,

thank you for your answer. 

Ive done a lumbar spine MRI and this is the result.

Discussion: 

Vertebral bodies are of normal height and signal intensity. here is no spondylolisthesis. Tp of conus is normal positioned. Serial axial sections through the disc spaces domonstrate: 

T11-12:

Relative dis space narrowing with small Schmorl's node and minimal posterior disc bulge barely indenting vertral thecal sac. Central canal and neural foramina are patent.

T12-L1:

There is relative preservation of disc height without a significant posterior disc bulge, herniation, spinal stenosis or neural foraminal encroachment. 

L-1-2:

There is relative preservation of disc height without a significant posterior disc bulge, herniation, spinal stenosis or neural foraminal encroachment. 

L2-3:

L3-4:

L4-5:

L5-S1:

Impressions:

1. Mild degenerative change at T11-12

2 Remainder of study is unremarkable.

Thank you, 

• Posted

Hi jesus! I believe you are from the Philippines? I have a back pain from 4 yrs now. That made arms and legs in pain. My skin are also sensitive to touch (?) Kinda feels numb. I can still feel with it. Also have body twitches. Reply when u can. Update me with your results! Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.