Neuropathic pain in feet.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been experiencing Neuropathic pain in my feet, i cannot sleep. It's stabbing pains, pins and needles or sunburn. I cannot get any relief. I have suffered with this type of pain in my legs for a while so i think it's the same. If anyone has any ideas of anything to try which will give me some relief i would appreciate. It's not possible to see a Gp at the moment with the current crisis. I was intending to change my Gp until this crisis because i find my current Gp's not compassionate and unhelpful even arrogant and rude. I think i need to see a Neuroligist but again that is impossible at the moment. I currently take Pregabilyn, i would rather not. I feel desperate and feel depressed about my future.

Elizabeth.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have had peripheral neuropathy for years.Tried most things.. I keep my feet as warm as possible and use compression socks

during the day. If the pain and cramps are bad at night I use Deep Freeze gel or spray .It helps a bit.

• Posted

I'm in the same boat you are in elizabeth 90631 !

I stared treatments on my feet but only had 3 treatments and had to quit because of the virus raging across America !

Hang in there !

• Posted

Thanks Dotty for your reply. It's a miserable condition to suffer. I will bear in mind your comments.

Thank you.

• Posted

Thanks for you reply Donald. I am sorry your suffering too. Can i ask what treatments you was receiving prior to the crisis going on.

I rang Gp this morning and she has upped my dose of Pregabilyn. I have to have a blood test when this crisis is over, but when we don't know.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, neuropathy is an on going miserable condition. There are no miracles involved. You do need the best dr care from those drs that are most knowlegdeable. Yes, a neuroligist is the best start, there are tests that help determine why you are experiencing your pain. Pain management is also required to help you manage the pain. i have endured this condition for years,have had every procedure there is and have been helped but not cured. I still experience severe pain that is controlled by controlled pain drugs. When I first started with the controlled drugs I fought this solution so hard in my mind, felt guilty and ashamed. Eventually I realized the controlled drugs were giving me the best chance to live the best life possible for my curcumstances. I lost me a long time ago but have accepted the new me and try to be grateful for all the help that is available to me. I send my best wishes your way and do understand your despair. Keep fighting for your best possible health!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Peonygirl, i realise this is a long term condition, i have had it in my legs for a few years, but it's never being investigated. Rang Gp this morning and she has upped my dose of Pregabilyn, worried about weight gain thou. When this crisis is over i have to go for a blood test to determine what type of Neuropathic pain it is. Hope fully i will then get some treatment that will control it. It's only just started in my feet which is quite debilitating because it's painful to walk. Can i ask what controlled drugs you take.

• Posted

opana, percocet, the generic. I also have a nevro implant. You may want to pursue this as you become more aware of what you are dealing with.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, neuropathy is an on going miserable condition. There are no miracles involved. You do need the best dr care from those drs that are most knowlegdeable. Yes, a neuroligist is the best start, there are tests that help determine why you are experiencing your pain. Pain management is also required to help you manage the pain. i have endured this condition for years,have had every procedure there is and have been helped but not cured. I still experience severe pain that is controlled by controlled pain drugs. When I first started with the controlled drugs I fought this solution so hard in my mind, felt guilty and ashamed. Eventually I realized the controlled drugs were giving me the best chance to live the best life possible for my curcumstances. I lost me a long time ago but have accepted the new me and try to be grateful for all the help that is available to me. I send my best wishes your way and do understand your despair. Keep fighting for your best possible health!

• Posted

Hello Elizabeth,

Yes, it is a horrible situation to be in, especially with the current crisis. I have been suffering with evolving pain and weakness in one leg, buttock or foot for about 4 years. I'm not sure, indeed no-one has been sure, of exactly how it started but I already had some back nerve pain. Then I injured my foot which now has arthritis. My pain affects my back/ groin alternate days. My foot has the worst burning nerve pain on the other day! My leg muscles are weak but only in some places. I have been pushed from foot consultant to back consultant and back again. I was due for 4 hr assessment at the Pain Clinic just as the lockdown started. I believe this would have helped me, that is - to attend a Pain Management Course because I would have felt less alone with my not properly diagnosed problem. I don't even know which is the culprit- back affecting foot or vice versa...or both but that course isn't going to happen now. Not knowing leaves you unsure how to proceed to or better manage it and panicky. My other foot is now twitching by the big toe and arch. Even that scares me. My best thing(ha, ha) is that my pain and dysfunction settles during the night and doesn't appear until I start to bear weight. We have to hang on in there.

• Posted

Hi Elaine,

It's all so miserable being in so much pain. I had a very disturbed night with pain again last night. Walking and even standing is very painful. I had four hours of sleep and woke up with burning and stabbing pain. Nobody unless they are suffering as similar can understand, at least we have this forum to share our experiences and know that we are not alone. I hope you can find ways of coping, because that's all we can do.

• Posted

hello I have had Neurothapy pain in both feet for a long time then went into my hands and up my arms. persuaded my doctor after years of worry to refer me to neurologist . saw him last week thinks its tarsel tunnel syndrome neurothapy and carpel tunnel in both hands. refering me for electrical tests. so that was a very unexpected diagnosis so try your dr again. Im afraid you have to be firm to find out what is the cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.