Neuropathic pain triggered by gum recession

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

My pain started 8 months ago, I noticed I had a recessed gum on one of my teeth.

So I went to the dentist, maxillo-facial surgeon, hygienist and periodontist, they all said the pain wasn't due to a dental problem.

I went to my GP and a neurologist and now I'm on carbamazapine and gabapentin but these don't help stop the pain.

I'm now looking for pain management consultants in London, I've identified Dr Woo as a good potential option however his price is expensive at £250 for a consult.

It seems like the recessed gum has put pressure on the nerve which is causing the pain.

Here to discuss if anyone has similar experiences or can offer advice.

Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi David,

Did you ever get a resolution?.

Got something similar here. Hoping you might have an answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.