Neuropathy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve had Sjogrens for many years. Diagnosed about 7 years ago. Started with usual dryness. Progressed to neuropathy and weakness in legs,ankles, wrists etc. Feels like I have pressure around my ankles and wrists like they say....others describe it like having on tight stockings and gloves. 

Now getting something new. I get a strange numb feeling in my left ear canal. Feels really weird and feels like pressure, numbness and something is pressing inside my ear. Lasts about 2 minuets then goes away. Happens several times a day and especially at night when I’m trying to fall asleep. 

Anyone else get these strange symptoms ?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen an ENT about this? Have you by chance taken antibiotics recently, even just a little by IV in hosoital?
    • Posted

Good idea. Will make an appointment. I have been on antibiotics a couple weeks ago for bronchitis after having that terrible flu that’s going around th USA. I had a terrible flare up of my neuropathy. Legs and arms a bit better now thank heavens. Was so scary to have numbness in arms. I thought here I go....no more driving and just got a new car a month ago. Thankful 😊

• Posted

A lot of antibiotics are not good for our ears/hearing, and can cause intermittent ear pain for some time. Still you need to be checked out in case the flu caused some further damage. Ditto the increased numbness.

I hope it is all temporary. My own experience, that's all it is & I react oddly to a lot of meds which are just fine for most folks, is that the newer & stronger the AB, the worse the side effects are. Takes time for them to clear my system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.