Neuropathy

Posted , 7 users are following.

i had a hell of a time trying to find this page! They have changed it to much! Anyway I have neuropathy in my feet. All of the doctors and neurologist give me is Gabapentin and baclofen which haven't done anything for the chronic pain! They have tried other antidepressants and anti seizure meds and they made things worse. I'm also on low dose naltrexone to see if that does anything but nothing yet. If anyone has any ideas let me know..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you come off the antidepressants since they don't work? There's no point in taking them if they aren't helping. I would stop the current medication you are taking as well and try to live with the neuropathy. It can be done. I have learned to accept and ignore my neuralgia. Doctors have no answers for this condition and will only prescribe anti depressants or anti seizure drugs not knowing whether they will help or not. You will never hear them suggesting a natural alternative. My doctor tried to get me on anti depressants but I felt they would cause more harm than good, so I refused them. I felt that since my symptoms come and go I would be better off with an as a when, natural treatment because there would be no point in taking a drug when my pain is in remission. I find heat works for me.

• Posted

i have neuropathy from toes to knees both hands mine came on overnight and i have not had a second without it in 35 months ,ive gone round in circles since this began not 1 dr or neuro can really advice on this ,ive tried all anti seizure drugs none help and am seeing pain management on thurs ,from what ive read over and over most ppl are just left to suffer with this its a very misunderstood condition ,my life is a living hell since this began and no help available what so ever ,so sorry you have this dawn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.