Neuropathy in my leg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had back surgery ( laminectomy) in Feb. because I had pain going down my shin into my foot. Dr. said it was spinal stenosis. After the surgery I still have pain below my knee and on the top of my foot. My big toe is numb. I’ve been on Gabapentin which didn’t help and now Lyrica which helps some. My neurologist hasn’t found what is causing it... not diabetes Lyme.. but MRI shows neuropathy. Does anyone else have no idea what’s causing their neuropathic pain ? Any holistic suggestions?? Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Surgery can disturb nerves and cause neuropathy but I doubt that your surgeon will admit to that.  My neuropathy was caused by injuries; one as a result of a fall and the other because of a bad blood test.  My doctor recognised that the blood test had caused the latest injury but disappointingly wanted to put me onto low dose antidepressants which I refused.  Strong sunlight keeps my neuropathy at bay and cold weather triggers it.
  • Posted

I have had some success with acupuncture and have just started cranial-sacral therapy which seems to be helping although I have only had 2 visits.  I think the integrative medical approach is your best option as Western doctors and ideologies do not seem to have any idea what causes these symptoms in many cases.  The idea is to open up pathways in the body to give it the ability to naturally heal itself.  Good luck and if one integrative approach does not work for you keep trying different modalities.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.