Neuropathy ? Or something else.. help!

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Been going through the worst 4 months ever trying to figure out what is going on. All started with pins and needles kind of feeling, numbness in feet and hands mostly and crawling insects sensations inside of me ( literally everywhere ) had my mri done which did not show anything. Did a bunch of blood tests which came back ALL normal. Currently I am feeling like twitching ( insect like crawling ) kind of sensations inside of my body. And I noticed visible twitching aswell. Mostly randomly.. can be my leg on and off and then my arm and then again back to my leg. My fingers and toes feel very stiff in the morning and feel a bit better through out the day. My muscle feel tight, stiff and I am experiencing this heat pain when I move my arms especially typing I feel this heat sensations like my muscles are getting torn apart... when I move my muscles they seem very unrelaxed. My neurologist said possibly peripheral neuropathy but he isn’t unsure.. waiting for my EMG and NCT in 2 weeks. Anyone experiencing similar symptoms

? Any advice on what can this be ? 

I am very frustrated !! Been always active and healthy and now i’m getting super stressed that it might be ALS or something not good. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Get tested for HSV1&2 (herpes). It is a CNS virus.

• Posted

I am pretty sure when I did blood test I got tested for that but i’m not sure I’ll double check with my doctor. Thanks 
  • Posted

Hey nicole I'm also experiencing the same symptoms as u.

My symptons have been going on since Feb 2..my GP said it's nerves. My neuro

Has tested me with mri of brain, cervical neck) egg/nvc nerve test of my Lowe body.iv also just taken blood test (ana/) for inflamation...

Idkn what the hell it is. I feel inner vibration throughout my body and numbness in hands feet. .sometines these electrical shocks too..

Please let me know how you're making out. .

• Posted

Hey! 

Since then I did 2 Mri , one on my brain and spinal and then another one brain and upper back and neck which did not find anything. A lot of my syomptoms changed.. I am not sure if for better or worst but I still feel prickling, tingling, crawling kind of sensations. It is very annoying but I am learning how to live with it. Also I have been recommended gabapentin which I am not sure if I’ll take ( scared of drugs ) don’t want to be addicted to them. Next test I have an eeg on my brain and will go from there. 

Hope everything is good 

• Posted

Nicole, just got back from neuro..she says all my blood work (ANA n CR-reactive ) came back normal. .no inflamation on my body..she wants to do an Egg/Nvc nerve test on my upper body. She did one on my lower which was normal. My mri of my cervical (neck ) was normal as well as brain..

She also offered me gabapentin but I declined for now ...I want to wait till all test are concluded. ..Hope this is all from stress. ..she seems a little stumped about it all. ..Idkn

• Posted

Yeah my neuro says things like that come from no explanation. He says stay positive and live your normal life. So that’s exactly what i’m doing. 

Try yoga, meditation, acupnature, physio.. those things might help.. 

Let me know if you find something that helps yousmile and I’ll do the same 

• Posted

Hi Nicole! How are you doing? I'm experiencing a lot of similar symptoms and it's been getting worse. It feels like fluid all over my body. Burning sensations and now my skin feels stretchy and unattached to my fat and muscle. Could you email me so we can compare and talk about our symptoms? And share any medical help if you have any advice?

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.