Neuropathy pain and medical marijuana

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had idiopathic peripheral neuropathy for nine years. It was diagnosed at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. The pain is always there, in the bottoms of both feet.  I've been on a fentanyl patch and oxycodone. It doesn't eliminate the pain. The pain still at time can be really bad.

Anyway in my state, medical marijuana is now legal. I've never even smoked a cigarette. So when I went the first time to get the drug, they started me on a liquid vape pen. They also gave me some pods or flower marijuana (both hybrids). The funny part was I kept increasing the amount of time I held my inhale in my lungs up to 8 seconds. It had absolutely no effect on me.  

The next month I went back and got a liquid that you swallow. It's half CBD and THC. They also gave me a cannabis cream to rub into my feet.  Unfortunately these did not work separately or together. They do have a stronger liquid and cream that I could try this month. The advantage of using these two drugs is that you don't have any of the side effects you would get smoking or vaping the ingredients.

So I want to know if anyone has eliminated or reduced their idiopathic peripheral neuropathy pain from marijuana. If it did work, what formula and how much was required for it to work?  I have seen some articles on the internet that a Sativa strain is required? Unfortunately I have anxiety even without medical marijuana. So since the hybrid caused mild anxiety, I'm sure Sativa will be worse. However I'm willing to try it and keep some anti-anxiety medicine on the ready in case there is a problem.  Can anyone offer advice and possibly tell your story?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.