Neuropathy pain for 5years+

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi just need someone else's experiences to try and help me deal with my on going issues:right well I suffered with sciatic pain and weakness for over 20yrs,I coughed 5yrs ago and prolasped 2 discs l4l5 s1 3 yrs later had bi lateral decompression and disectomy,which gave me a week of some form of pain relief,but after came back with vengeance...since then I've had nerve pain in my arms and hands & neck so To neurology to have nct test,found to have mild spasticity in both legs and clonus in both ankles,so here I am had loads of mri's,nct,nerve block & still in pain they offered me another nerve block,but decided as it only gave me 30% chance of success, I would not have procedure,tbh I was in several minds about it but the mental battle with this whole situation is draining me,I feel I have no help/info or it's not made available to me, I've just got back from another visit too neurology,which he told me off for not having nerve block?mri' on thoracic and cervical were apparently clear,neuro said my surgeon has stated he's done an oustanding job and their is no impingement on nerve,even though his words!the surgeon that is,their stuck!??which he couldn't elaborate on or give me another word other than their stuck sad which he obviously didn't mention on his self report!Their now sending me for an emg I think,he actually made me feel like I'm making it up,??I've been so down about it tbh I've found I've had an amazing battle mentally dealing with this disability, I'm in the process of trying to claim pip but I don't hold out much hope for either, I've been out of work since last Feb because of medication,I've no money,not aloud to drive(I was a taxi driver)& on an increasing amount of meds,I apologise for droning on I just need some...I don't know tbh,just someone who understands I suppose smile anyway that's me...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi David,

I'm Lucy from Indonesia. Sorry to hear that, it also a battle for me. I have a problem with my leg (sciatic nerve pain L5-S1 lateral recess stenosis) for more than 7 year but I think it's heal now. I've try many way/therapy with zero result until my friend ask me to try meditation class.

I'm doing Mindfulness Meditation — Happiness mind; that do help a lot, I feel my body more lighter. I can do my activities like normally and no more back/leg pain. Btw, the whole story can be read on Medium [ID 103cia].

Don't gave up, there is always a way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.