Neuropathy symptoms flared in sun

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi last year in may 16 i started getting symptoms of neuropathy.. burning.. tingling. Buzzing sensations etc.from head to toe. Things kind of settled around dec 16. Then in feb i took flu and antibiotics and it flared slightly again. It took weeks to settle. Now 2 days ago i sat out in the sun and my whole body started going crazy.. burning.. stinging. Tingling..etc i wasnt out in sun long maybe bout 15 mins but now all my nerves are going crazy. Anyone else flare in sun /heat ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My nerves don't get out of wack from being in the sun, but my neuropathy pain is in my feet and toes for about 4 years now ! 3 weeks ago I had surgery on my right leg and foot to decompess the nerves that was causingmy misery ! My surgery was a success and my pain is probably about half what it was !

• Posted

Wow I have never heard of that surgery does it damage any muscles or cause walking to be difficult? I have had 10 years of extreme pain & even asked once if I could amputate my legs! I know that sounds drasctic but I feel like my legs r in a vice getting squeezed nights r the worse. When my grandkids spend the night they said grandma, " do you know you scream at night asking God to take you home"! It has taken my life away! What kind of surgeon did you go to? 

• Posted

Nancy, have you tried giving up gluten?  I have had the same problems as you and doctors were no help at all, they offer painkillers or anti-depressants which only mask the pain and discomfort.  I had other symptoms too....brain fog, fatigue, itchy rash around ankles and sides of feet, no motivation.  The doctors had said the rash was excema, but it did not respond to any treatment

. I researched it online and realised it was dermatitis herpiteformis......which celiacs often suffer from. I decided to cut out gluten. At first I just cut out the obvious things..bread pasta etc     and improvements in brain fog and blurred vision were quickly noticable. Insomnia also improved and I became more relaxed.  4 months ago, in January, I decided to go strictly gluten and grain free.  I am eating like we ate in the 50's..meat and 2 veg, no processed or packaged stuff at all. Best butter instead of spreads, fish, nuts smll amount of fruit, lots of veg and free range chicken and lamb. A few weeks ago I started to notice big improvements in the neuropathy!!  This improvement has continued and now it is hardly noticeable.  Only at the end of a busy day do I notice a slight echo of it.

If you have tried everything else Nancy, then you have nothing to lose by trying this. It costs no money, it needs nothing except patience...because if gluten is the problem it will take some time for the gluten molecules to 'grow out' of all your tissues, and for your nerve endings to heal.  Please don't think 'it is not working' and go back to eating gluten. I hope some other sufferers will try this and report back on whether it is helpful or not. We need to do our own 'research' and help each other....because the medical profession show no interest in this awful affliction.

Google the neurological damage that glutel can do or the neurological manifestations of gluten intolerance.

• Posted

Hi sally62433, that can have many causes, did you consult a doctor?
  • Posted

Dear Sally, I fgeel for you, but I spent about 4 years in misery! I've had 7 back surgeries and that caused the peripheral nerves that run down both sides of your legs and into your feet and toes ! I had this terrible burning, severe pins and needles stabbing me and it felt like I was walking on hard hot rocks !! Finally I surfed the internet for a doctor in Oklahoma who could treat this awful condition called Peripheral Neuropathy Pain ! I found a doctor who has had surgery on his own leg, foot and toes ! So, I got an appointment with this doctor in Oklahoma City, OK and after weighing all the options, I had surgery on my right leg, foot and toes ! My pain level is about 50% less now ! I don't know what state you live in Sally, but get on the internet and look for a surgeon who can help you with your particular health problem ! There is a doctor out there that can help you ! If you need more information on the type of surgery that I had, please let me know !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.