Neursarcoidosis

Posted , 2 users are following.

They are testing me for Nero sarcoidosis and from what I’ve read it usually starts in the lungs or some other organ. I have bronhiectasis in both lungs and wonder how they can tell the difference between Bronhcietasis and sarcoidosis of lung. History of pneumonia’s and other lung infections 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello cathy, what re your symptoms if I may ask?
    • Posted

I have constant headaches at different levels during the day  sometimes numb feeling, lightheaded, sometimes off balance and just fuddled.  I have to clear mucus from throat throat day n night due to brochiectsis which I’m wondering if that’s sarcoidosis instead and how you can tell difference. Spinal tap fluid showed protein high at 151. And I stayed fatigued and easily worn out. Quit driving due to head issues. Diagnosed with dimylation in 2009 n had no further testing. Approx 4 yrs ago Dax was intracranial hypotension n told nothing could be done no leaks and to drink coffee.  Have had constant headaches or funny head feelings since July. MRI showed thickened dura and dural and inflammation. Dr thins to rul out ms and cancer and so far I think he’s looking at sarcoidosis and migraines. Se doc in two weeks to get results from EEG. Couldn’t get rheumatogy appt til 8/1/18

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.