Never feel 100%

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all

Lying here wide awake again so thought I d ask if anyone feels the same as me. I never feel 100%!!  I ache/hurt all over sometimes, fuzzy head, tired. I had my last period a year ago so is this normal?  The anxiety that I m seriously ill is horrid too!!  

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes, can completely relate! Never in my life had anxiety until perimenopause started. Also have horrible stomach problems, headaches, jittery feeling, exhausted but can't sleep, muscle aches, joint aches, heart palpitations etc...etc....

It's so much fun being a woman lol

• Posted

Hi Paula

I hate for this to be real, but it is for many of us. Hold on tight, there are a few more surprises. I have issues with hot flashes, thats a joy. One minute you are cold, the next minute hot. I hope you have an easier time to come.

• Posted

That's exactly my story. No periods for a year, aching EVERYWHERE, head full of fog, no energy, sleep disturbances... 

I coped for 2-3 years until I found the toothbrushes in the dishwasher after returning form a holiday (obviously I just thought they should live in there?! 😖wink and after the whole family had finished laughing at me I finally put the first patch on that had been in my cupboard for 6 months... after about a month my aches went, I slept better and didn't feel as bad however 6 months in I had bad side effects from them (Evorel) so switched and have just started on my second month of  Femseven- early days, a few side effects but defo not as bad... yet. 

Interestingly I did cut the patches in half for a while to see if it was just the strength that was causing the side effects but on doing so my aching etc started to return... so back to full patch again and aching receded again. 

It's all trial and error I find, we're all unique and suffer different symptoms/need different help  - but we will all get through this... one day!! Stay strong and try to keep smiling everyone. 😊

Ps as I've said before - chocolate helps! 😉

• Posted

My thoughts exactly,will I ever be 100% again or even just have a good day ever again   I’m been feeling the same as all you lovely ladies for 5yrs now and it’s getting me down, I feel I’m not sociable anymore and just can’t wait to get home from working after struggle through the day just to have a lovely warm bubble bath. It’s not a life is it x
  • Posted

I'm so happy I found this group!  I can completely relate too!  I'm 55, still have my periods -- sometimes twice a month.  Doctor claims I'm on the high age of "normal", but what I'm experiencing, IMO, is far from normal and making me and everyone around me crazy.  The aches and pains are debilitating and the insomnia and mood swings just make me want to stay in and do nothing all the time.  I have a 13 year old daughter who is a very active girl and I find it so difficult to do things with her.  Normally I'd be taking her to museums, going on adventures during school breaks, but I'm just too tired and achy to even suggest some of these things.  It makes me extremely sad that I can't be as active with her as I'd like to be.  I'm thinking I need to find another doctor to discuss everything, but I'm afraid to go on any HRT's.  Happy to know I'm not alone and feel for all of you who are going through this!  

• Posted

Hi Karen

Your post really hit home with me, I'm 47 and, all though I don't have a 13 year old, my kids are grown and moved out, I do have grand kids though, 3 of them little guys, and normally would be doing all kinds of fun activities after school with them... But just like you, I cannot.. I'm just to sick, weak, tired nauseous, anxiety, dizzy, headache.. You name it I got it!!! And its been 2 LONG years of this crap straight.. I wish and hope this all leaves me very soon so I can get on with my life and do fun things again.. Your not alone , I know exactly how you feel.. Take care ?

• Posted

All completely normal..one of my friends doesn’t sleep four days straight..I’ve experienced the sleep deprivation to havin an early meno at 42..hrs gave me migraines so couldn’t take...nine yrs post meno and just recovering from another bout of sleep deprivation..it’s really common...didn’t get hot flush’s but cold sweats and achy bones lasted about two yrs...and the anxiety omg is the worst bit...mine comes and goes...I think as we get older we do worry more about our health and are more vulnerable. Keep of google... so many ladies I know have made themselves even more anxious searching symptoms esp if you have health anxieties...take care  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.