Never feel refreshed anymore...

Posted , 5 users are following.

Every day I wake up after at least 7/8 or more hours sleep but I never feel refreshes. I always wake up with aches and pains in new places but quite commonly my neck with stems in to a kind of head fog. My eye are very sensitive to light as well...does anyone else feel like they feel unrefreshes after a nights sleep?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes! When I am experiencing a bad belt of anxiety. Sleep never revives me. I want to sleep longer during this period and sometimes can, but I always wake up almost feeling tired and grow steadily more tired within a short space of time.

I think it is because of the amount of energy your body uses when feeling anxious, so many things are happening that we are not aware of can make us tired as well as giving us physical symptoms.

Try and drink as much fluid as you can, take a multivitamin and eat well (ensure you are getting enough iron, etc.)

Your body is under Tremendous strain when you are anxious so it needs all the extra help and kindness it can get.

Also, if you feel unable to sleep or nap in the day when time allows, try meditative yoga - there are some great videos on YouTube.

• Posted

I had suffered from similar symptoms while recovering from dilibitating anxiety and panic disorder -

Some of the things that helped me -

1. Physical Activity - Helps tire the body and cleanse some of the toxic secretions in the sports boosted metabolism. Added benefits are the endorphins that help lift the moood.

2. Breathing Exercises - Do some basic breathing exercises (plenty on the net, specially youtube). One that is perfect for before going to bed and after waking up is 6sec inhalation and 12 sec exhalation for a total of 5 mins

3. Celebrate Every time you feel normal ... in our world feeling normal is a big success ... its a battle won ... congratulate yourself on each victory

Happy recovery

• Posted

Do you have any other symptoms? Have you ever had blood tests for your thyroid?
    • Posted

I have felt tired in general for a long time.. years...I had tests for anemia, my thyroid and something else I can't remember a year and a half ago and all clear...

Now I get these head fogs when I wake up like a pressure in my head or a cloud. I have been very stressed lately sad

• Posted

It wouldn't hurt to get your thyroid checked again. I went to doctors for years telling them that I knew it was a thyroid issue but they all dismissed me as an hypochondriac, I now have Graves' disease and getting my thyroid removed in 2 weeks. When it comes to the thyroid, doctors don't really listen to your symptoms if your blood work is in the normal range but our bodies are all different and some of us are unwell even if within the normal range. Just something for you to think about.

• Posted

yes. I think about  here and there myself. I miss that feeling, i wake up with headaches or random pains at times too. Its quite frustrating. I cant really even sleep 8 hours straight thru haha. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.