Never felt like this before.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, I've suffered with GAD and OCD intrusive thoughts for around 11 years now, I'm currently seeing someone in a mental health clinic called First Steps for CBT treatment. For around 5 days now I've had this feeling as though I'm going to start hearing voices ( I'm not ) but feel as though I'm about too. Everything feels extremely surreal and I can't seem to come to grips with that it's just GAD even though my practitioner has confirmed it is. When I'm at the super market and I can hear everyone talking for some reason I'm having a hard time being able to realise that the voices aren't in my head and that it is people talking about what shopping they're getting, same with listening to music when I can hear people talking in the songs, I know it's on the song but my minds trying to tell me its in my head. Has anyone or is anyone else ever experienced this? It's extremely hard to cope and I can't seem to distract myself from it.

Thanks for having a read and any help will be appreciated

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i know how you feel i feel the same way too i get this feeling asif im going to go insane

• Posted

i know what u feel, im also the same lastime.. my ocd keep telling me that im going the be insane because i thought im hearing voices, it always came when im about to sleep and feeling sleepy, somekind of halusinasi, people chatting in my ears , and im also experience song stuck in my head and im singing with it in my head and heart.... crazy right but it only happen when im stress but if im focusing in my work or im not stress , the feeling not coming, so i assume maybe when we feel stress and tense out body react to it and make a thought that something happen to us. I always thought im going to be insane, im psycotic but one think u have to remind our self that crazy people never thought their are crazy and they dont aware of it. OCD always bring us down and make them believe that thought is real. Sometimes i will fall for it but i will challange it back and think more logic. I know it just symptom of our stress and not more than that. Just ignore it ok , think more logic and positive, and if u felt worried, just tell your doctor, dont lie just tell everything . I hope u feel more relax after this.

• Posted

I'm still experiencing this, i just cant seem to shake it, I'm trying to go for walks etc but it's hard with Fibromyalgia. My brain just won't let me forget it, the only time I get relief from it is when I'm playing the xbox on a fast paced game where I don't have time to think. Does anyone have any ideas on good distraction techniques or how to stop the thought entering my head etc, any help will greatly be appreciated, thanks a lot guys.

• Posted

I'm still experiencing this, i just cant seem to shake it, I'm trying to go for walks etc but it's hard with Fibromyalgia. My brain just won't let me forget it, the only time I get relief from it is when I'm playing the xbox on a fast paced game where I don't have time to think. Does anyone have any ideas on good distraction techniques or how to stop the thought entering my head etc, any help will greatly be appreciated, thanks a lot guys.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.