Never felt so bad in my life

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm still concerned with this thought of a brain tumour as my left side doesn't feel right still and everyday I have headaches and pressure plus dizziness and nausea. I'm in a state where I can't even be bothered to get out of bed because I feel so Ill. The doctors won't how me and scans which is playing on my mind even more because I want to know what is causing this. I'm sick of the left sided weakness, what if this really is down thing serious and they're not willing to investigate further!!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've got the same problem,

I'm convinced I have a brain tumor, keep googling my symptoms, erring pain inbetween my eyebrows and then over the top oft right eyebrow.. Keep having these other pains, I wake up every morning thinking oh am I gonna have a headache today, so then I think it must be tension , I'm

Making myself have headaches but can't stop 😞 hope u start feeling better soon , xx

• Posted

Ever since I started googling my symptoms and then fount out more about tumours it seems that I have symptoms of a brain tumour which makes me worry all the time. The thought is constantly there and I base y life around that. 

Hopefully I'll get something else sorted when I go for another blood test on Monday rolleyes x

• Posted

When i first started out with anxiety, this was my first symptom. Turns out i was getting tension headaches created from all the worry and stress. The tension headaches were that bad that i demanded the same from my GP. He outright refused and laughed at me (typical) and i eventually they went. I also booked an eye test when when i was getting these headaches. Hope you feel better soon. 
  • Posted

hey, learnt about CBT today, try to google it and you can start our own CBT session on this portal.... it looked quite helpful and claims to give best results without any medication to reduce anxity / panic attacks.... pls let me know about your feelings about CBT ... thnx

• Posted

If you googled broken leg u would have leg cancer. Google is bad. To get over your anxiety you have to accept it. Read a life at last. Makes so much sense and I'm feeling better xxx
  • Posted

Well, if you weren't diagnosed by a doctor, maybe your imagination needs to be slowed down. I used to be a hypochondriac when I was younger, always imagining I had lots of medical problems.

Sometimes i wonder if when others say the same thing about their symprtoms it does any good to resolve your problems.

The only people that can evaluate your medical problems are medical professionals, any others offering sympathy, are putting you on the wrong track.

• Posted

Hi, I had same feeling as you and I was very worried about having a brain tumour, it will give you alot of relief after an eye test because they could detect it on there.
  • Posted

I'm trying to understand why all of this self diagnosis, what is it that generates such interest in trying to play doctor with your self.

I actually had a tumor, it was found after a blood test, and a procedure that documented i had an aggressive cancer.

Now I didn't fall apart, and lose it, i thought positive,and followed advice, that was in 2005.

Now some of you may not like what my thoughts are, but it's about time you guys get with the program.

Stop giving your selves pretend illnesses, there's better things to do, than asking what to do from amateures, if your so sure you've got this or that, go get tested by a medical doctor, then you'll know, and stop with these obsessions of sickeness.

If you don't take my advice, you don't want help.

• Posted

Do you think that we enjoy having health anxiety?? Part of it is that we can't help obsessing over these things. Why do you think anxiety is a mental illness. Don't be so ignorant 
    • Posted

"We", how about "me", you think I never had anxiety, I had it since about 1970, "We", this obsession is self inflicted,, I inflicted myself, then I uninflicted myself. I can't forget, it's always there. A mental illness, really, then the whole world is mentally unstable because we're all programmed the same, "fight, or run"., but some of us are always looking for something that doesn't exist, this anxiety is part of humans, it protects us from harm.

Ignorant, oh yeah, I'm ignorant when labels are given for a self imposed creation. I created my "anxiety" by hyperventilating, then I was reliving that experience, I created it. But after a while I realized it was over, gone, that was after reading a book by a doctor, 

My earlier point was, and is valid, if you have a medical problem, a pain, a feeling, then go see a medical doctor, other wise, it doesn't help to complain, does it?

• Posted

Well whoopie do for you, haven't you got it all figured out. Why don't you offer up some useful and helpful advice instead of making people with health anxiety feel worse about themselves and like they are to blame. Everyone knows that it's all in our heads but controlling it is easier said than done. If you really had gone through this illness and come out the other side you wouldn't be criticising, you'd be supporting. 
    • Posted

Sometimes the pat on the back, we understand does little to help, all it does is make us feel more alone because those without anxiety just can't comprehend. I tried to explain my feeling to lay people, they said the same things, you'll snap out of it, or something similar.

You think I'm here to ridicule, no, that's not it. I'm here to tell all of you this thing can be accepted, not beaten, beaten means you try and forget, that will not happen, we cannot forget.

We must accept that this is not an alien feeling, this is a human feeling that is misplaced, it is a habit, it's conditioning. IMO if we expect this feeling it will come, we have a habit, a habit that can be broken, but not forgotten.

I found that there are many antidotes, mine consists of exercise, intense exercise. It's something that requires concentration. Anything that requires concentration is a good release.

Everyone is different, for example i just got a new dog which takes up alot of my time, and also helped with the Amlodipine side effects of wswollen feet. Anyway, i hope all of you find an alternative to obsessing about the mind bluff.

• Posted

I'm feeling okay today thanks but just can't shake this headache. I've started on sertraline so hopefully that will kick in soon! How are you ? Xx
    • Posted

Aw hope you get rid of the headache soon, hope your meds kick in soon, im not 2 good today, dont really know whats wrong I just feel rubbish sad, hope you have a nice relaxed night, take care chic smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.