Never hungry, feeling fine

Posted , 4 users are following.

For almost the past 6 months, I've been eating about once or twice a day. I have coffee for breakfast, a snack (maybe some chips) at around 3PM, a snack at around 8PM (maybe some popcorn chicken or fish balls), and a meal (usually rice and beef/chicken) at around midnight. I'm not incapable of eating more though, and I can down four double-doubles in a sitting without adverse effects. While I sometimes feel hungry, it doesn't physically hurt to not eat like it used to when I was younger. I've gone up to two days without eating, and I wasn't even hungry. I had to force myself to eat after that. My weight's been stable too, despite all this. Despite doing heavy lifts in the gym, my weight's been stable at 135. 

However, I've been suffering from fatigue. I have to consume larger amounts of coffee/caffeine just to feel normal. When I don't I get headaches and/or a feeling like I'm walking in a fog. It's hard for me to focus, and I don't remember if it's always been that way. I usually get 5-7 hours of sleep a night.

Do I have an eating disorder or is it just caffeine tolerance? I can't focus and I always feel tired. Even when I get more sleep (up to 8-10 hours) I still feel just as bad as I did when I got less sleep. I don't know if it's worth calling my doctor about, as I don't think I have any actual physical symptoms. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello there I been going thru the same thing I’m 29 year old  and in 3 months I lost 28 pounds not sure why I been to Doctor and there not sure why and what going on blood test show normal even Had an upper gastro where they check my stomach with a camera and  they did not find anything ,  I never get hungry sad
  • Posted

Hi looking at the volume of food your eating it's actually not that small an amount calorie wise, it's the times your eating and the content that are not good, I think that if you change your times and eat healthy you will feel much better, skipping breakfast is really bad for your body and your brain and going to bed on a full meal will disrupt your sleep pattern and cause fatigue big time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.