Never learn

Posted , 7 users are following.

Here I am sitting here middle of the night feeling disgusted with my self. 

My fiancé has just finished with me because he says I'm out of control and my actions can't be defended. 

Bad things seem to happen when I go out with him. Two weeks ago I got kicked out of a club and my head bounced off the pavement and I got taken to hospital. They treated me just like a drunk. 

A couple of nights ago went out for my fiancée's family meal. He encouraged me to order 2 bottles of wine (one was included with the meal) 

And he knows how quickly I get drunk on wine. 

Anyway woman opposite was choking and her friend was slapping her back. I dashed over and did the heimlich manoeuvre and after the second thrust cleared her airway. 

I was shaking like a leaf due to the adrenaline and wine I'd already had. 

I didn't feel like eating and cancelled my steak. 

I got bullied and harassed at the bar and then accused me of assaulting the waitress. Then our party was told to leave. All because of me! 

I know I drink too much but feel very belittled by the ex fiancé and the staff. 

Maybe I'm just a massive pain ?! 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I do feel sorry for you Rosie you were only being helpful! However, you are probably drinking too much. It might be too hard for you to stop completely considering your social life, friends and family and the questions coming..check out c3foundation and Sinclair Method. 😀

• Posted

Sounds like you got a bad rap on that one, Rosie. 

I'll agree with Robin, I've use The Sinclair Method and cut my drinking by over 95%. I've held that level for about a year and a half now, with no desire to get back up to my old rate of drinking. It's very much worth checking out. Just look up the CThree Foundation or google:

Claudia Christian TEDx 

You should see a Youtube video of Claudia's presentation at the London Business School. 

TSM just reverses the course of the addiction and you revert to lower drinking levels because you honestly don't want as much to drink. Some people decide to abstain entirely after TSM, you can choose either one. 

• Posted

I don't understand:   couple of nights ago went out for my fiancée's family meal. He encouraged me to order 2 bottles of wine (one was included with the meal) 

Why would a family encourage YOU to order wine? When someone knows you're on TSM? Makes no sense. I'm saying this as I think there is something wrong with that family dynamic. That's not fair to you and then you do the Heimlich which is not easy to do and get asked to leave the restaurant with loved ones judging you! ARE YOU F***King me? So no one sober of the staff was able to help the customer. Hell I won't care if a complete drunk saved me with this procedure, I'd be so so grateful. Odd. I hope you change your friends!

• Posted

Wasn't that drunk at the time when I saved her life. Was afterwards when the adrenaline kicked in and everyone else was just sitting there eating their meal and I wasn't. Couldn't eat after that. Shaking like a leaf. 

I'm astounded that he's totally called me out over the last two days then last night says he misses me! 

I deleted messenger from my phone as that's the way he was now contacting me. He made me feel useless. Even when I'd done something like that! 

I do need to change my friends you are so right. 

Btw im not on the Sinclair method but know that wine has a strong effect on me as does he! 

• Posted

Please get o the TSM....it WILL help you. I think in all addiction treatment/therapy they say one must change our circle of friends if they in anyway (knowingly or not) help to sabotage our success. I know I have to put myself first if I'm ever going to get control. Your last sentence says it all...JUST LIKE ME! The lack of self-esteem and self-worth. My saying which I try to live by: It is none of my business what you think of me. We must put ourselves and our recovery #1. This is just my opinion. The TSM has allowed the 'pause button' to be used and with mindful drinking (oh yes I've slipped up 3 times in 1 month of doing the program but not as badly as I'd do before) you can see/deal with what are your triggers etc. Work on yourself!!!! YOU ARE #1.

• Posted

You are right concerning self esteem. I was always VERY confident since that is how I was brought up. You can be the best! Fear nothing. Move forward...had a serious car crash and survived it although I should have died. Motorway doing 90 miles at least in France. Looked away at map 3 seconds and slight bend on motorway meant that my crashed into the central steel barrier at 90 miles. UK car with miles showing. Drove into ditch but at 30 degree angle and still 70 or 80 miles per hour. Drove out but turned around in mid air and landed on the roof! Slided on roof 33 metres and stopped! Got out with minor injuries, I.e 2 broken ribs, internal bleeding in my intestines the hospital explained next day. Broken glass on my hand and torn skin but not even a head ache! Nurse at French hospital said a miracle! After that I became more invincible. Drank more the following years but no good. Did eventually stop 5 years ago and happy 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.