New

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just had a TIA and not gonna lie, I’m pretty worried about the future. I am 49 and they said it was caused by an old blood clot. This has now been cleared away but they have put me on Plavix 75 for the rest of my life. 

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi  Brian I had a full blown Occipital stroke at 49 3 years ago that was caused by a blood clot after having a tooth extraction I lost all my peripheral vision off to the left as the stroke hit right side it knocked my confidence and it was so scary I won't lie, however I am on a statin a fancy aspirin my sight still isn't as it was before the stroke which can be very frustrating at times but I get by still drive so thank god as things could have been a whole lot worse!! in a way be thankful that it has been caught if you like early on so fingers crossed you will be less likely to have a stroke now you are taking preventative measures.  There are lots of facebook forums related to stroke and the people are very informative and supportive likewise if you have any questions please just ask as I appreciate what a frightening thing this is I wish you well in your recovery take care and don't rush things xxxx

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about this Brian, I'm not sure what your question is...

• Posted

Hi Brian,

I also had a TIA recently (January). Mine was due to a blocked carotid artery. Following surgery I have been put on anti-platelet drugs for the rest of my life but have been told that now, if I follow instructions, I am no more likely to have another than any other person.

I also became concerned that I as just waiting for "the big one" but now I have accepted the changes I needed to make and I am getting on with life.

Bestof luck

Lel.

• Posted

Hi Brian.I'm on meds for life since last year.I had a stroke one night and in hospital had been hooked up to heart monitors for 5 days and continued at home.I had an MRI and was told there had been activity showing a series of mini strokes over a period of time.I have stopped drinking alcohol and should have stopped smoking but I have cut down to less than 10 a day.I am on 2 different types of meds on top of meds for depression.I have been left with affected memory and have trouble problem solving and maths.A stroke is caused by a blood clot and so blood thinners are what they give you also cholesterol tablets.I am 46.Not heard of plavix but I'm on atorvastatin and clopidogrel for life.When you say you're pretty worried your be fine as long as you have a healthy diet and reasonably healthy way of life.Elaine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.