new absess after 15 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have visited a doctor today who thinks I have a abscess in my groin area. I have previously had 8..7 in left armpit and only 1 in the right. I'm petrified its back. Has this happened anyone else? The affected area suddenly changing?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi donna,

Yes i have had the same experience. At first i started off with small painless pimples on my bottom and thought nothing of it. Then the cysts came... At first i got them in between my thighs, then eventually started getting them under my armpits. I have had a couple on my waist line but the horrible ones (that flare up to sometimes golf ball size) touch wood, i havent had for a while now. I have had a small abcess on my right boob but it has gone with the help of bactroban ointment. I do get blackheads and conedomes etc but not to the extremity of massive lumps. I have 1 recurring lump under my left armpit. I am a bigger person and i have also found i get the blockages more so where i have stretch marks.

• Posted

I have not been formally diagnosed with HS but my doctor says I need to see a dermatologist for this. This incisions and subsequently 'packing' was unbearably painful. The fact that the nurse I was seeing was not gentle did not help. I was cut twice without any help with pain...i have had five children naturally with no pain relief and the pain of these incisions was horrific!
    • Posted

That sounds horrible sad when i have a rupture i put sports tape over it to hold it. That way it can still drain through the tape, but the sticky side also helps to heal it. Acts as a glue. Also it helps with the friction. Still rubs but not directly skin on skin. Maybe try finding a different nurse? May help with the painful packing etc.. I have been properly diagnosed today with hs and am being tested for rheumatoid arthritis.
    • Posted

Get this recurring one incised by a surgeon.  That is the only way that I know of to stop it.  I had 2 on my stomach like that and they were done under local anaesthetic and have never returned.  x
    • Posted

Your doctor is right - you need to see a dermatologist for diagnosis so get that appointment.   You should have either had lotion to numb the area or a local anaesthetic.  Next time ask for it.  x

• Posted

Hi never heard of sports tape.  Does it help with ones that's aren't draining but just getting bigger?  x

• Posted

Sports tape is just the brown coloured tape athletes use to strap their knees etc with. I put it on the cycts that have already busted open and drained. It helps stop further infection and it also heals quicker because the sticky stuff acts as a glue. Whenever i have a cyst forming, i put tape over it anyway to minimise friction.
    • Posted

I had local anesthetic injections with the first one and it was painless until the packing started. The one I have has doubled in size since yesterday. I've never had one in my groin...its bloody awful and injured my coccyx recently so was having trouble getting comfy anyway..i don't do things by halves me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.