New address, new doctor & my mental health is getting worse...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi can anyone advise me how I can get help. I was homeless but now have a place & a new doctor. Unfortunately my anxiety has prevented me from making an appointment at my new doctors surgery. I've gone weeks without my meds & I'm climbing the walls. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Make a telephone appointment if you don't want to go in. Social anxiety is a problem they will be used to.

• Posted

I know how you feel..

Lots of people get very upset and nervous..about visiting the Dr....for what ever reason...but you do.need your medication...going with out will.not help....i.feel.happy that you have a new home....and wish the best for you.....Dr,s are aware some people...are quite nervous of visiting them... And i.feel. Sure they will understand..your plight...and give you compassion and help...please do.ring the surgery....and explain your problem...i.feel sure they will help.....you will not be alone....with this fear.....and they will.help.you. To feel better...perhaps give you a time to.go.when the surgery will.be quiet...do please contact them....i.feel.sure they will.understand...once you get your medication.again...you will.feel better...and more confident....and settle down and be happy inyour new home....i wishyou all tbe best.....hope you find happiness and contentment...see your Dr.....every thing else will come togother.... Best regards....Shirley .

• Posted

if you were given your new home through social services and are happy to talk to them, ask if they can assist you with doctors. confidentially might come into play but I am sure there are circumstances where someone will listen.

Good luck with your new home,

• Posted

Hi marshaavent - great advice given here by Moon, Shirley and Keatsy. I just wanted to congratulate you on achieving a permanent home and best wishes for your future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.