New AF and bisp patient

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. Had AF which has got worse, causing me to have been prescribed bisp 2.5mg this past week. My BP is fine whether in episode or not. I'm already getting headaches and my mouth is constantly dry. Thoughts?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Not sure. Can't remember getting these symptoms. Because of high BP, as well as the bisoprolol 10 mg I'm also on amlodipine 5mg and a rake of other tablets but been fortunate regarding side effects. Have you been checked for diabetes? A  raging thirst is associated with this  
    • Posted

Yes, all fine there. It's literally just AF thats the issue, and I've not wanted to take meds but episodes are sendingy pulse off the scale so had no option. 😖.
  • Posted

Hi cardiac congo i woke up again in af this morning looking at this forum n internet the ablation seems to be one of the best ways forward i see my cardiologists in june so thats what i want my name down for dont get the headaches but dry mouth yes i put that down to meds i also get tingling in my lips gp said see cardiologists about that what makes me laugh is its our discomfort our poor breathing limits what we can do in our lives and the medical people font have any urgency in sorting us out
    • Posted

Thanks for that Popeye62. I was getting concerned as I've only been taking meds for a week and to be aware of issues already worries me! Ablation my consultant said, is 60% successful. I'm not in AF all of the time, so wouldn't be considered at present. My episodes have become more frequent and last hours and hours, up to 17 with a variable pulse fluctuating from 110-157. Feels ike I've run a marathon!
    • Posted

Dont let them fobb you off i did that last nov aint been out of af since jan this year so im being a pest end of the day its our poor quality of life no one elsers
    • Posted

Omg! That'd totally do my head in! It's bad enough when I have an episode. Couldn't cope with that!!
    • Posted

Hi, just wondered if you have read the leaflet that comes with the meds. It should say on there about the side effects. I was on bisoprolol but made me feel very weak and dizzy. I have since been diagnosed with postural hypotension, so the bisoprolol was making me worse. I am waiting for an echocardiogram then will be seeing an electrophysiologist about possible ablation.
    • Posted

Hi Merryl. Yes, tea and trawled through the insert! I'm going to arrange a visit to my gp if I'm the same next week. Maybe ask to try the 1.25mg instead. It's borderline which is worst - the AF or the meds for me right now! I don't want the AF to get worse however, so need to bite the bullet a bit. 😕
  • Posted

Hi Didnt get either of these symptoms but couldnt take 2.5 in one go so GP advised 1.25 in the morning another in the evening - this helped but it took about a fortnight to get used to side effects. Might be worth speaking to GP to see if this would help.   having said this I am back on 2.5 in the morning and 1.25 at night - back to square one!!
    • Posted

Yes, that had crossed my mind to be honest. Rightly or wrong, taking later in day helps. I sleep through them! 😴

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.