New and Confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

About 17 years ago I went into AFIB. This past year I have gone iinto AFIB four times. But I can not get any answers that make any sense. Some tell meI have a leak, some tell me I have a dead chamber. Any help as to how I can get straight answers would be wlecome.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You've not said whether you had any treatments etc or have any other cardiac issues?
    • Posted

I do not have any other cardiac issues. I am on Sotatol for my heart and that is it. The usual testing has been done and always show nothing new. Something about one of my ventricals is dead. What ever that means This time a nurse told me that my heart was leaking. HUH? So, I am confused as to what exactly going on. Thank you for asking.
  • Posted

Your doctor should have referred you to a cardiologist to get answers to what is going on. Afib itself is not dangerous but can cause blood clots so you should be on blood thinners but you can have afib with no other issues so you definitely need to speak to a cardiologist.

Hope this helps,

Sam

• Posted

A cardiologist was given to me, but he wanted me to go for special 2 day testing two states away, which was impossible for me to do. I do not understand why I should have to go to a hospital that is going to do the same testing all ready done at the nearby community hospital. Thank you very much for replying and helping
  • Posted

You seem unclear as to the diagnosis you've been given. Can I suggest you ask for a written report. Sometimes it's not easy to absorb everything we get told in one hit and having sight of the written report can help us to read and digest , and query anything unclear after. Is it a valve which is leaking?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.