New and confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can you please help with my confusion. Is Haemochromatosis the same as HH

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for your replies. I am still a bit confused by my results. I had an appointment with the diabetic nurse and asked her for my results as the doctor hadn't told me the numbers just referred me to haematology. So the numbers she gave was 825 and 1.74 - which were the two results that was being flagged as abnormally high. I attended my first venesection this week and my number had risen to 841 which I assume is the serum ferritin but no mention of any other number so I don't know what the  transferrin saturation is unless there is more than one way of expressing it. Thanks for any enlightenment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.