new and lost 8lbs

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm a newbie, just wanted to say hi and thanks.

I've been following all the help and advice on here for the last 2 weeks, that's when I first started Orlistat. So many times I could have cried when those stupid scales wouldn't budge and could have so easily thrown the towel in. Instead I came on here looked through the posts and kicked myself back up again. Thank you to you all.

I have a huge mountain to climb, I have many health problems and just need to lose this weight.

My scales hadn't moved at all but I went for my first weigh in today with the doc and he catergorically assures me I have lost [b:62f653cd97][size=18:62f653cd97]8lbs[/size:62f653cd97][/b:62f653cd97] in a fortnight. To say I'm over the moon is an understatement, now I'm crying but tears of happiness. (my home scales are rubbish)

I wanted to tell all the newbies truthfully, that if I can do it you can too. I was so sceptical, I never believed for 1 minute it would work, I'm so glad I was proved wrong LOL

Here's to the next chunk off my mountain.

Good luck to you all.

Sorry my first post was soooo long :oops:

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Huge congratulations - keep to the programme and you will be doing good. Its hard and there are good days and bad ones but the end result is worth it

Keep up the good work :wink:

• Posted

Well done Sookie.Thats fantastic.You should be very proud of yourself.Keep up the good work.Keep us posted. :D
  • Posted

WELL DONE YOU :!:

You're a STAR :magic: Keep up the good work :!:

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Thank you all very much, good luck to you all too.

The doctor has warned me that it will slow down now and maybe I'll put a bit on while it stabilises itself but I'm prepared for that so I won't get discouraged but at the moment I'm on such a high I can't believe it. :D :D :D

• Posted

Absolutely wonderful......well done... smile
  • Posted

blooming marvelous,

Maybe you should just get rid of your own scales then you wont be so down on yourself, when you're obviously doing so well

• Posted

[quote:f68a713b7e=\"twinkly\"]blooming marvelous,

Maybe you should just get rid of your own scales then you wont be so down on yourself, when you're obviously doing so well[/quote:f68a713b7e]

Thanks twinkly, yes I am getting rid, I have become so totally obsessive about weighing, I would weigh 10 times a day maybe more every day (I'm so not exaggerating either) I permantly had the scales attached to my feet. It's just not good is it and could so easily have ruined everything I was trying so hard for. Next ([b:f68a713b7e]and only[/b:f68a713b7e]) weigh in in a fortnight with the doc from now on. It was such a huge surprise to know I'd done so well, I had lost another 4 pounds prior to this on my own (without orlistat) the fortnight before this one but it was such a battle and I didn't eat nearly as well.

Thanks again everyone.

• Posted

Thats why I can`t have scales in the house...... :lol:

I would drive myself mad jumping on and off them and would put me on a downer if I hadn`t lost anything.

• Posted

Well done smile

p.s-I tried to register on Sun and ive still not got the email through that lets me sign in.

Any ideas how long it takes???

thanks

• Posted

Clare88

Normally, I activate the accounts the following working day but when I click on the link, it is saying that the user does not exist.

Would you care to try registering again and I will activate your account in the morning for you.

Regards

Lin

• Posted

Thanks Lin smile

I'll got register again just now.

• Posted

Hey, well that's really good! I'd be buzzin but to be honest, If I had lost that much I'd be kinda devestated. I'm just over double my ideal weight and I'd want the weight to drop off like you when you get a Lapband™ or Gastric Bypass but that will leave really baggy skin Blah! Anywho Carry on the way you're going and keep us posted! :D

tt4n Rach :wink:

• Posted

[quote:16086b6df0=\"BigGirlie\"]Hey, well that's really good! I'd be buzzin but to be honest, If I had lost that much I'd be kinda devestated. I'm just over double my ideal weight and I'd want the weight to drop off like you when you get a Lapband™ or Gastric Bypass but that will leave really baggy skin Blah! Anywho Carry on the way you're going and keep us posted! :D

tt4n Rach :wink:[/quote:16086b6df0]

(I'm making no sence whatsoever! LOL)

Never mind :roll:

• Posted

Well done you, keep up the good work.

xx

• Posted

Well Done Thats Fantastic :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.