New and ongoing chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

just before Christmas I had a lump sensation in my throat which led to me having an endoscopy two weeks ago.  For about one week I had constant chest pain (went to A&E the same night as endoscopy to check heart etc, everything normal).

I now have a pain in my chest whenever I swallow food and after the food goes down there a sharp pain in my sternum. Prior to the endoscopy none of these symptoms were present. I could eat food no problem and I've never had any form of chest pain.

Has anyone experienced this? Has something been damaged during the endoscopy?

Thanks

S.

ps the results of the endoscopy showed that I've had relux leading to Barretts oesophagus. (No physical symptoms of this prior to endoscopy though!).

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

It is quite possible that some kind of damage was performed.

Being that your endoscopy showed barretts oesophagus results I would highly recommend going on a diet from dropping acid book. A lot of people reported great results within 2 weeks time.

Of course your body takes longer to heal completely but eventually you will get there.

Chest pain is associated wit acid reflux.

To help you heal your mucous membranes take some vit.D in drops as well as B complex.

Look after yourself.

• Posted

Silly to forget to mention but I have also been waking up with blood in my mouth. It's nit from my gums as when I brush my teeth or suck in my gums there is no blood. I gave to wash my mouth out 3/4 times to get rid of the blood. It's also not there when I cough...just phlegm comes up (normal).

Cheers

S

• Posted

Hi - you could have developed an ulcer - explains the pain but not the blood. You should really get an opinion on that one SAP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.