New Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone. I am very new to this. Within the last four months I've been having symptoms and I was recently told that I have anxiety. Every time I feel like I'm going to be ok or things are going to get better something happens to make me second guess myself. I've lost weight, had chest pains, stomach pains and discomfort, tension headaches, nausea, panic attacks, blood and mucus in stool, etc. I just need some tips, encouragement or success stories. Trying to overcome.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

Have you been to the doctor to get everything checked out? I have anxiety that was kicked off by an episode of vomiting after I took antibiotics. My stoamch hasn't been the same since but my symptoms are all directly related to my stoamch and my hypersensitivity of it. I had blood tests that came back fine but might need more tests done to put my mind at rest.

Health anxiety and physical symptoms running amok can wreak havoc on your body and your mind. I am currently waking up on random nights with butterflies on my stomach, and that's usually when I think I'm getting my sleeping pattern back to normal! It's torture. But I'm feeling more comforted by getting tested and reassurance from medical professionals. I also visit homeopaths who have been knowledgeable and helpful. The stomach symptoms are awful and I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with more symptoms on top of that! Hope you feel better soon, keep us posted!

• Posted

Hi. Right now I'm awaiting the results of ny Thyroid excercise. My blood work came back good. But there are still a couple Things that I want to get checked out and squared away. I'm currently taking Lorezapam and that has helped me as far as relaxing and sleeping at night. Thank you so much and I hope that you get well soon. Trust me I know that this is not easy at all. ButI have faith that it's going to get better and I will definitely keep you guys posted.

• Posted

Your thoughts snd emotions will always run together. The moment you feel feel a differerent emotion state the body will respond accordingly. Positive thinking is on the surface, but if you do not believe or feel it doesnt work. Change your personality and sometimes it requires surrounding yourself with different people, a different environment, having positive supportive enviornment is really useful. Many do not have a proper enviornment to recover so they stay in the same mindset. All the changes come from you. The brain will change accordingly. It does and it will. If you can figure out what you are doing and why you are doing it thats how you can change. Hence therapy is very helpful. But you need a good therapist, some stink.

many of us have the nocebo going on. The opposite of the placebo effect. There are books on this to explain it better and with clarity.  I blame the media big time (tv,ads,internet) for a lot of the fears and anxiety that has come to be in so many of us. They love to make people feel powerless and at times hopeless and it is a slow brainwashing. It makes them a lot,of money, especially the drug companies. This was never as rampant as it is today because people used to trust Doctors and drs were way kinder and better and not limited by insurance rules. Also, they believed they would heal. Anxiety at times is a cliche. When you do not know whats happening but the organs are good to the science knowledge of today..you recieve a diagnosis of anxiety. 

Bottom line is you need to change. You are too familiar with your current emotional state of mind. Too comfortable. You want your body to behave differently you have to function and do stuff stuff differently. You have to believe differently. When we know and understand we have the capacity to heal, when you believe it change will happen. 

Sit down every day 30-45 minutes and mediatate. Do yoga. Allow yourself to forget about your body. Change your state of "being" mindful breathing is great. Then cultivate the emotional of gratitude, being thankful, love..once you do this then your body feels better and then your thoughts will run with a better emotional state. Thats what proper mediation does or yeilds.

if you are anle to do this the energy of that will bring more wholeness, more joy. It eill awaken you to realize you have it in you to truely bring about a better way of thinking and hence lower the anxiety and hence less symptoms. Some people use meds to do this but they only work in half the people who use them. Some cant use meds so you have to do this on your own. 

Many of us has perfected the suffering model. Its time to do the needed work and put it in the time and investment into yourself for yourself. Finding the right people or info that resonates with you will uplift you. Change has to greater then your enviornment and your habits. You personal enviornment is feeding into your life as it is. 

This all takes a ton of practice to change a mindset.

• Posted

I Thank You So much for taking the time out to reply to this thread. I grately appreciate it and I will start to try new things such as yoga and proper excercise. I've already changed my environment and I have my first CBT session next Wednesday. Things are starting to look up. But I still have scares here and there. I'm Praying for you and I hope that you will continue to Pray for me. #Love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.