New bladder problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am a male in my late 50's and was diagnosed with ME 5 years ago. My main symptoms have always been pain in calves and forearms, extreme fatigue, brain fog and headache. I have managed these issues through the usual pacing and rests in flare ups over the years quite well. In the last couple of months I have been having problems with pressure on the bladder and frequent and stinging when urinating. Weirdly this only occurs in the evenings for a few hours then goes overnight and during the day. I have been to the doctors and had urine and bloods taken and also had a course of antibiotics but the problem is still there. All urine and blood tests came back negative.

Has anyone else had this problem and could it be connected to my ME? And any ideas about possible remedies would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I have this problem sometimes too.

I was recently told I have Dysautonomia, not everyone with cfs/me does but, have a look on the web and see if you think you might too. It affects the autonomic nervous system and may link to your bladder issue.

B

• Posted

Thanks Beverly, I will have a look at this and see if this could help me find out the cause of this new symptom. Strangely enough it gets worse if I drink a certain brand of instant coffee but I'm fine if drink other brands or go to a Starbucks or Coffee!

• Posted

With this condition, nothing surprises me !

Btw, I can't drink coffee at all 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.