New BPH Study for BPH relief: Zenflow Spring System Implant. Good or bad?

Posted , 7 users are following.

New Clinical Study: Zenflow Spring System Implant for BPH urinary symptoms. I had a cystoscopy recently and the urologist found that because of my moderate prostate size, 42 cc, no medium lobe, I am a good candidate for Rezum, Urolift and a new clinical study called Breeze Zenflow Spring System-up to around 280 patients around the world, studied for 5 years, after implantation, in order for them to get FDA approval. I see no previous reviews on Zenflow, despite 2 previous studies, and I've been searching both on Google and Duck Duck Go. The idea is to insert a small spring like device through the penis, around the urethra, where the prostate impinges on the urethra. The urologists in charge of the study claim "preliminary results have been quite favorable", but I don't trust anything they say, since they are vested in the success of this implant and future monetary riches. I want to read real patient reviews. Anybody here familiar with this implant and can help me learn more? Thank you!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

If I recall correctly, there have been other stent type devices used for BPH. I don't think they were particularly successful. Maybe this one is different.

• Edited

The problems I have heard of with stents is that they can move. They can also get encrusted with mineral deposits, can cause infection, and the body may grow tissue around, and over it. It seems that if tissue grows over it. The device would be difficult to remove later. If tissue grows over it the effectiveness would be reduced, which is one of the problems with Urolift.

Someone should make a stent system that can easily be replaced periodically, like every 3 to 6 months. That sounds like a problem, but compared to using catheters 6 times per day it might not be bad, if it is easy to do.

• Edited

I agree. Urolift and Zenflow are most likely temporary fixes at best.

• Edited

There is no way I would do an implanted device like the Zenflow spring or Urolift. If you think about it, all they are doing is squishing the excess tissue and obstruction to make your bladder channel bigger. Temporary at best.

There is no doubt that every other procedure is more invasive and has some unpleasant recovery. But you are getting a much more durable, long term fix with Turp, Greenlight, Holep, and Aquablation. If you are going to do it, my thought is go for the long term fix, rather than a shorter term band aid that will only get you a few years down the road

• Edited

I agree with that. Implants are temporary at best. What if you have rough sex? Implants could move. Could create agony!

• Edited

I had the cystoscopy (zenflow) 12 days ago. I don't know if I got the spring or sham but so far I'm not a happy guy. I probably got the spring, based on the recovery and based on the way smaller amount of liquid in my bladder per sonogram days later. I've been on 3 different meds secondary to urgency, frequency and some pain/ burning during urination. I'm on the verge of telling them to remove it if it's there. If I got the sham cysto, I will be very p****d that they caused so much trauma in a control person.The study they are doing leaves a person in the dark as they tell you very little what to expect and they don't even offer paper

work about the study. We'll see how this goes in coming days and or weeks. I certainly have my doubts so far.

• Edited

That's the risk of a study. They need placebos. They tell you after 3 months if you got the real deal or the sham.

• Edited

The diagram they provide of the Spring implant/urethra looks like something out of the Spanish Inquisition!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.